Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Use phone imported from USA in uk

(Topic created on: 13-12-2021 06:06 AM)
Mozer
Explorer
Options
Hi. I was thinking is that OK to buy a phone for example USA to use in uk s22 ultra when will be release . Will be OK with signal and everything else . I know they have some differences about the signal. If anyone has done this in the past and if is acting like a uk phone version. I'm tired of differences made of the processor.  Thanks 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mozer 

I'm assuming your after a version of the Samsung Galaxy s22 with the Qualcomm SnapDragon soc in it ?

I wanted the Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G with the SnapDragon soc in it so chose to import this using wondamobile who are in Hong kong. 

I chose this route as phones from Hong Kong appear to have better scope with the various bands and frequencies that the UK networks use.

There are some negatives however via importing.

Samsung UK won't support an imported phone via the manufacturing warranty however WondaMobile add a 12 month warranty. 

Samsung Pay may not work however I only use Google Pay anyway.

Some got 5G working and some didn't. I believe it depends on the UK network used as some use different frequencies. For me as 5G really offers faster downloads of large files this wasn't a deal breaker.

Samsung Members app will work but the Benefits Section is blank.

The Samsung Keyboard is laid out a little differently however 3rd party keyboards can be used if required.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mozer
Explorer
Options
Thanks. That means I'll get the UK version. I hate samsung for the processor difference
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's fair enough @Mozer 

The Exynos soc has come on leaps and bounds too.

I wish you all the best with your choice. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MKS22Ultra
Navigator
Options
Everything will work just as fine as it would be in US. Only thing you need to confirm is warranty. I have S20+ imported from Indonesia and I use it in UK and India. All features work fine including Samsung pay. I am not sure about warranty. I ordered from UK website which imports from Indonesia so I got the warranty here in UK ( because my invoice was in UK ). But if you order by some other route like a US website or may be ask one of your friends to carry it to UK, may be warranty won't work. Although expect some differences in language when setting up the phone for first time. For you, both would be English with just different choice of words. For me, it started in Indonesian language that scared the ***** out of me. But it was only during initial setup screen.
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
no. more than that. so firstly the frequency and mismatch in wireless signals means if it shows 5g you aren't getting it. but also the processor won't work at the same speeds because you receive the data differently. also the camera will be terrible under grid light. so sunlight no problem but the moment you are using the camera under artificial light it will be horrible.

for a longer explanation search on this see:
https://youtu.be/uzP8FFKpwQ0
0 Likes
Gill42
First Poster
Options
I have a galaxy note 10 plus bought from Ebay, sold as a UK phone, but I have now found out that it is a US model, which means that I can't receive updates in the UK, according to Samsung. I tried updating via smart switch on a pc, no luck. My phone is permanently stuck on android 9 . Has anyone found a solution to this please?
0 Likes
jin88
First Poster
Options
Did you ever find a soloman?
0 Likes