Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C headset doesn't work

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 06:29 PM)
Matt1926
First Poster
Options

Device: SM-M315F/DSN (M31)  Android 10, One UI 2.5, Android Security Patch Level 1/10/2020

Headset: USB-C AKG headset (Wired USB-C headset from Samsung, came inside S20's box)

Phone fast charges and transfers data from USB-C port without problems.

When the headset is connected to type c port the phone won't recognise it and the audio comes out from the phone's speaker.

The same headset is tested with an OTHER M31 device and it works perfectly. It also works with M21 and S20.

I tried:

Restarting phone,

Restarting phone while headset is connected,

"Disable audio routing through USB" is disabled in dev. options,

Tried installing Samsung ANC Type-C (app won't get installed)

USB Debugging ON/OFF

USB H/W acceleration ON/OFF

Just mentioning

Connecting my phone to the PC via USB-C cable, it won't let me switch from "This phone" to "Connected device" 

Default USB configuration is on "Transferring files / Android Auto", I also tried all the other options but they won't work (USB tethering, MIDI, Transferring Images, Charging Phone only). No Audio choice is given.

I think it's a software issue and not a hardware issue, because the headset won't work with my M31 but it works with my friend's M31, that's what confused me. Both of them are ordered from Samsung's webstore. Both of the devices have the latest software installed (mentioned above). 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I assume your friends set won't work with your phone ?

Can you let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre take a look @Matt1926 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Matt1926
First Poster
Options

The set was included with an S20 I ordered and I wanted to use it with my M31  but it doesn't work. I decided to start the topic because it works with completely same device (other M31) but doesn't with mine.

Currently I live in Munich, Germany we have a lockdown here.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A set with a usb-c adapter should work whether it came with the phone in the box or not.

Many chop and change earphones @Matt1926 

Personally I use Samsung Buds Live or airpods pro which are Bluetooth as I prefer not the be attached to my phone. Just a preference.

It's just a conundrum why it won't with yours !

Weird.

I appreciate your in a lockdown which can make things more difficult when trying to resolve issues. I'm in the UK in a Tier 3 area in my region.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Matt1926
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your help @,  Galaxy buds are on their way but I was curious.

Hope the best for you.

If anyone has a solution it would be great.

0 Likes
Saju4444
First Poster
Options

Me too having the same issue.with my s20 ultra.tried many methods.still same.now i am using bluetooth headset.if you find a solution please share it 

0 Likes