Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Updated phone now I have custom binary blocked by frp lock

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 06:56 PM)
jemfa12
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Today I updated my phone not sure which update it was but I recieved it a few days ago however didnt have enough storage to do so. I deleted storage today to do the update and everything was going smoothly, the phone was installing the update got to 100% and turned off so I thought great ill turn it back on, when I did all I recieved was the load up screen and custom binary blocked by frp lock in the top left corner in red text. I then tried rebooting the phone holding down all the buttons and it took me back to the software update screen however everytime it reaches 29% an error symbol appears and shuts down the phone and takes me back to square one. does anybody know how to fix this? Im taking it to the store tomorrow but if I can fix it myself I would rather, thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones
I think part of the firmware update process is it self reboots. You may have unsettled this by manually turning it back on and not let it auto complete.
If you can't hard reset it using the keys when the phone is turned off or factory reset via the phones settings you may need to seek support from a Samsung service location.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

Dhwabert
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have a custom recovery. I turned OEM unlocking off. USB debugging is also off. Can a samsung service center help me? I didn't have a warranty so I know that I have to pay. Is there any way a samsung service center help me? Will the price be over $50?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Other Smartphones
@Dhwabert: If you have proof of purchase, then Samsung Support in your region may be able to arrange for the software to be flashed so you can regain access to your phone. With this in mind I recommend reaching out to your local support team directly for clarification and further assistance.
0 Likes