Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted pop up add

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 11:47 AM)
Cameltrader
Journeyman
Options

I recently bought a Samsung S6 and am plagued with the pop up you can see in the attached screen shot.  This pop up will not close when "Close All" is selected and it is on top of every screen/app. The few apps I have loaded came from google play. Tapping the ad, youtube opens and plays short videos, closing youtube will get rid of the pop up, however, next time I pick up the phone and open the home screen, the pop up reappears.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ron

Screen Shot.jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Cameltrader: Typically, pop up adverts stem from third party applications. To check this, restart the phone in Safe Mode via the steps below and monitor the device for a little while. If you notice that the pop up advert doesn't show up, restart the device as you would normally and delete any recently installed applications. 

To access Safe Mode, Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the S6 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.

0 Likes
Solution
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi there. I have one question for you : do you have installed " peel remote" by any chance on your phone ? Because i recognised the logo ( that yellow P )
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
this is nothing to do with Samsung this is a 3rd party app pop up Samsung don't send pop up adds 😂😂
0 Likes
Cameltrader
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for that, yes Peel Remote is on there and I've disabled it. I googled about Peel Remote and hey, it seems to cause many people a lot pain. 

0 Likes
Cameltrader
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply Andrew. I will keep the info and try your option if disabling Peel Remote (as raised by DIMITRU79) does not resolve the issue.  The funny side to this is that I bought the S6 for my wife on her 75th birthday 3 weeks ago, and finally got her to lose the Nokia N95 she's been using for years. She's learning the new phone, and this pop up was causing a little stress.

0 Likes
Cameltrader
Journeyman
Options

Hi DIMITRU. The funny side to this is that I bought the S6 for my wife on her 75th birthday 3 weeks ago, and finally got her to lose the Nokia N95 she's been using for years. She's learning the new phone, and this pop up was causing a little stress. 

0 Likes
Cameltrader
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply Gavin.  I had removed any app that wasn't acquired thru Google Playstore. However,  Peel Remote is a default app on Samsung and I've diabled it.  Thankfully DIMITRU recognised the logo on the pop up. The funny side to this is that I bought the S6 for my wife on her 75th birthday 3 weeks ago, and finally got her to lose the Nokia N95 she's been using for years. She's learning the new phone, and this pop up was causing a little stress.

Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
wow memories with the N95 they were great phones and really expensive back in the day.