Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreasonable expectations

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 06:04 PM)
Tiredandbroke
First Poster
Options

I stopped using Samsung Galaxy phones for almost 2 years. I love the operating system, but I'm sick of paying hundreds of dollars for a phone then having to cover it with so much protective gear it's basically half the functions work only to have minor drop and the screen shatter. This is ridiculous and we the people are tired of it. So I bought another one hoping yall cared enough about your customers to fix this but nope one week In with a case and screen protector minor fall and my screen busted. I'm going to campaign against all phone companies and bring forth legislation any state I can and lobby against phone companies making them responsible for poorly designed phones that can't stand up to a minor fall even with a case. This is robbing the consumer and must stop

11 REPLIES 11
sawd1
Journeyman
Options
Never had s broken screen. Had samsung since S6
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
What you need to do is to look after your property and stop dropping your phones. The majority of handsets I have seen with smashed rear panels or screens are iPhones! Saying that, I have never smashed a phone screen in the 28 years I've owned a mobile phone.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
What are you dropping them on? I've been using them since the S4, never had a broken screen, must've dropped all of them a few times
OrangeChoclate
Student
Options
I have had my S6 since 2014, no issues. Dropped it a few times, minor scratches on the screen but still works perfectly. Works better than latest Samsung phones. Only problem no software update.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree that it is more of an issue with iphones, though obviously happens with Android devices as well.  With modern  large glass touchscreens maybe a bit more fragile and more of a risk. see this article https://www.lifewire.com/how-touchscreens-make-smartphones-less-durable-5176605   Nonetheless consumers can be careless and you need to take proper care of your Devices.   I have never smashed a screen either and had mobiles devices for some time!  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

dopey66
Pioneer
Options
You should get the Samsung Galaxy A53/5G
dopey66
Pioneer
Options
I will
0 Likes
OrangeChoclate
Student
Options
Need a second phone, will check out your suggestion SG A53/5G
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Buy a decent case from Amazon, I always go for SPIGEN, and do drop the device every now and then. Never even had a mark on the screen and it's a completely open front.

Spigen Thin Fit Case https://amzn.eu/d/0YlzFiP