Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown log in request

(Topic created on: 07-12-2019 07:57 AM)
PP54
First Poster
Options

Please can anyone help me. I keep getting a log in request which I do not recognise on my Samsung S8 phone. I will now attempt to attach a screen shot of this persistant page.Hi there. Please can you help me identify this persistent unidentified pop up which wants me to log in.Hi there. Please can you help me identify this persistent unidentified pop up which wants me to log in.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @PP54! Are you already logged in on an account on your phone? Normally the phone asks you to log in on your Samsung, Yahoo, Outlook or Gmail account in order to back up or restore you data or for security purposes. It makes the user experience more personalised and allows you to keep all your information in one account independently from which phone you have.  

0 Likes
PP54
First Poster
Options

Thanks for that Carlol. But I have had this phone for 2 years now and this request to log in has never appeared before. I am not very computer savey and I am concerned that it may be a disguised virus inviting me to download.

0 Likes
Solution
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@PP54 wrote:

Thanks for that Carlol. But I have had this phone for 2 years now and this request to log in has never appeared before. I am not very computer savey and I am concerned that it may be a disguised virus inviting me to download.

That would seem to be the mail account of Yahoo : https://www.makeoverarena.com/yahoo-mail-inbox-login/

yahoo.PNG

Do you have the Yahoo Mail app or any other Yahoo app installed ? If yes, delete the aps and see whether the login is gone.

0 Likes
PP54
First Poster
Options
Thank you Rolf. You pointed me to Yahoo. I do have that app on my phone. I opened the app and signed in. Since then I have not had any more recurring sign in invitations. Thank you all again.

0 Likes