Support

Open search

Unable to redeem samsung, one drive 100gb storage offer

Highlighted
First Poster

Is anyone able to redeem the 100gb storage offer on their s8 as done on previou handsets? 

Samsung support on here doesn't seem to know how they've set this up. Keep referring to Microsoft and Microsoft refers back to Samsung. 

So neither able to help, meanwhile lost all my backed up one drive files with no one being able to sort this utter fiasco out.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I'e read this recent blog on this and it appears to state it wasn't for the s8 or s8+ !

how-to-get-free-100gb-onedrive-storage-on-samsung-galaxy-s7/

and > free-100gb-onedrive-storage-for-samsung-galaxy-s8/

From the links it also looks like the offer is for 2 years only. So what happens to your data when the 2 year period is up ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

Hi

I got the offer to redeem for 100gb on one drive it worked a treat for me I now have 105gb storage on my one drive account. The offer came on my s8

Highlighted

This morning, suddenly, I'd a notification that OneDrive storage is over quota. Seems the 100GB storage has been pulled. Now I need to move my 23GB data to some other cloud.

Highlighted

I just tried to redeem the 100Gb but it keep saying "you now have 5GB for your storage" so apparently the 100GB is not working.

Highlighted

Me too having the same issue. Cannot redeem the 100gb seem to be a scam. 

Highlighted
Got rid of the notification, no idea how to redeem
Top Liked Authors