Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

txt messages

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 10:49 AM)
mairi1965
Apprentice
Options
I keep getting random messages over the last week or so from numbers not in my contacts. I replied to 1 and response was it was a mistake. I'm wary it's a scam. How can I block unknown numbers?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Evilc
Apprentice
Options
go to recent call log single tap the number then tap the info tab. then at the bottom of the page you will have the option to block number. for messages open the msg then tap the top right tab (looks like 3 dots) then you can have the option to block the number
hope this helps you out.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
don't reply to them and as suggested block them ... reply and they will know your number is active
mairi1965
Apprentice
Options
thank you. I've already done this but was hoping to find a way of stopping future ones? They are all different numbers
mairi1965
Apprentice
Options
I made the mistake of replying to the first 1 to ask who it was. I shouldnt have
0 Likes
Evilc
Apprentice
Options
yeah there's not a lot you can do about that sorry.
mairi1965
Apprentice
Options
thanks anyway
0 Likes
vijaynair
Pioneer
Options
Just delete the messages from the number you don't know. I used to get a lot of them because they are scammers. Dont worry about these messages.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
please try these steps. Please go to ur phone on the calls and on the right hand side u will find 3 dots, please click on that and go to the option for settings, once ur their please check if ur caller ID and spam protection is on. Once you have done then please scroll down to other call settings and the bottom and click on that. Please turn on hide contacts without numbers and u can also do show callers information which will display the company or person that's calling you if they have registered then name and company. Hope this helps.