Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 30-10-2020 04:24 PM)
boguc
Student
Options

Hi,

few days ago I changed password for my second account on SG9. After change, system want from me in 2nd step  code which was generated in procedure of creation account. Not code form SMS or email - I have access to phone and email. I dont remeber codes because I created account many years ago, when I use SG2. An now, after few years, I cant log in to my account because of codes. How can I turn off Two-Step Verification withot logging to account ? Is there special support addres where can I send ask for turn off 2 step verification ? Really only one way is factory reset phone and creating new account ? Especially when I have access to emial and phone (SMS). Why Two-Step Verification ask me for code form list and not from SMS or email ?

113 REPLIES 113
PanosP
First Poster
Options

Baysider you did a great job. It works. Congrats

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Tired of you Samsung... you denied me the option to turn off the useless two step verification.

Do you really think that if I had real sensitive information I'd hide with your bicycle lock!?

Anonymous3
Student
Options

I do not want to give you my phone number.

0 Likes
Suzieqtk
First Poster
Options

You're not wrong I have an old galaxy 8.9 tablet. It's the two-step authentication system that does not work on older systems.  My tablet is rendered useless because Samsung says they do not turn it off.  Therefore, forcing you to go buy a new tablet.  Samsung has really missed the mark on this one.  

I have an elderly parent that I just bought a new tablet for and now I'm regretting it and it will probably have them return it because he doesn't have a smartphone so how is he supposed to receive the pop-up to step authentication.  It doesn't text you It pops up on your phone.   

I know this cuz I have a brand new tablet for myself and that's how you set it up.   

But the old tablets useless. I can't even do a factory reset because it won't let me sign into my Samsung account without it.  

0 Likes