Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 13-10-2020 10:43 PM)
boguc
Student
Options

Hi,

few days ago I changed password for my second account on SG9. After change, system want from me in 2nd step  code which was generated in procedure of creation account. Not code form SMS or email - I have access to phone and email. I dont remeber codes because I created account many years ago, when I use SG2. An now, after few years, I cant log in to my account because of codes. How can I turn off Two-Step Verification withot logging to account ? Is there special support addres where can I send ask for turn off 2 step verification ? Really only one way is factory reset phone and creating new account ? Especially when I have access to emial and phone (SMS). Why Two-Step Verification ask me for code form list and not from SMS or email ?

113 REPLIES 113
Geemu
Journeyman
Options

The only credibility I need is the hundreds of dissatisfied customers who are having similar issues with the core structure of Sam's 2-Step Authentication.  If leexGx had any credibility, he'd have more than 2 likes and 1 Solved check for 33posts, for someone who credits themselves as a solver.  All they are doing is wasting space where Samsung might otherwise acknowledge that there is a raging gap of solutions to a massive and dangerous product.

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@Geemu wrote:

The only credibility I need is the hundreds of dissatisfied customers who are having similar issues with the core structure of Sam's 2-Step Authentication.  If leexGx had any credibility, he'd have more than 2 likes and 1 Solved check for 33posts, for someone who credits themselves as a solver.  All they are doing is wasting space where Samsung might otherwise acknowledge that there is a raging gap of solutions to a massive and dangerous product.

@Geemu  I have no intention of getting into a d*** measuring contest. This thread is about getting around the issue that Samsung clearly has no intention to solve. There are at least 5 threads on this topic that go back to February, and there are 3 working solutions across those 5 threads. In my opinion the Authy solution by @leexgx is the simplest one, and you only have to do it once. 

Geemu
Journeyman
Options

"Getting in touch with the Samsung Account" is NOT a viable option.  All they have the power to do is create a ticket. When u take all the time to call again, and again, each day, all they can do is "escalate" the ticket, if they actually recorded it the first time... good luck with them actually doing that. Samsung customer service AGENTS HAVE NO ACCESS to Sam's 2 Step department.  There is supposed to be a 24-48hr wait time on tickets being addressed.  Mine took 8days with no notifications or receipt of calls other than those I have from the phone company.  
Now that its been removed, I STILL CANNOT backup, check cloud backup logs, erase SIM, etc until I set up a new 2-step Authentication.  But every phone # I offer replies with an "invalid number" error, while the button remains greyed out.  I have tried using a google#, friend's Ipones, a friend's Verizon #; all of them are invalid.  A customer service agent also tried entering the numbers I provided, the country code is already set up perfectly-- yet neither of us was able to escape the "invalid #" error message.  No where on Samsung's webpage does it mention that one must enter the mobile number associated with SIM chip, and none of my various customer service agents were able to find that info either, but I assume thats what the case with the error code was.  Would it be so hard for them to share that sort of info with their agents or as a notation to the bottom of the 2-step Auth popout?
If your phone is broken, missing, stolen-- u are S.O.L.
No Samsung account, Cloud Account, backups or erasure options for you!

MystaMagoo
Pioneer
Options

I got in touch with Samsung accounts,asked them to deactivate 2sa,they did.

Got into my cloud etc.

2sa came back on,chose 'remember this device'.

2sa doesn't bother me anymore.....

0 Likes
Gingerbread_2001
First Poster
Options

How do you contact them?

0 Likes
schroef
Explorer
Options

Ive tried to ask this now 8 times already using Tickets. Nothing works and they hardly seem to even udnerstand the question.

2 step verification doesnt work on older models. When i try to login with my account under: settings > accounts >samsung acount. It asks for ID + password. Then load a new screen and asks again for ID + password. In this step it keeps staring ID or paswword is wrong. Which it is NOT.

Ive seen screengrabs, system logs, tons of data. Ive made 8 inqueries and i really get stupid responses "how to make a account", "How to setup your account". READ THE QUESTION!

This is a MAJURE failed implementetion

same as this, when you try to login using a desktop. You get stuck in this tterm loop. Ive seen thiss so many times and every now and then it cant get passed it.

Get your helpdesk working and do proper investment in implementing new tech. Now this phone cant be backed up and i cant use any service from Samsung again. It was all working just fine before i setup this retarded 2 step verification

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 16.12.29.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-08 at 12.39.17.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-08 at 12.39.14.png

0 Likes
schroef
Explorer
Options

Tried asking them now 8 times, they dont understand a simple question??? Are they retards or what?

nettlepatch
First Poster
Options

I want the option to use Google Authentication.  The Samsung website says that this is possible.  I only have a landline phone , and no mobile cell phone number.  They FORCE me to enter a phone number, which of course is landline, and NOTHING happens, except time out.  Gmail has option for using landline.

So.....  I phoned up Samsung.  I told the agent my problem.  I told him I want to use Google AUTH or my landline number.  He told me to read the website.  I told him, yes, I have done that.  He said I will give you a direct number, to solve all your problems.  He gave me a phone number:  a machine identified it as something that sounded important related to samsung.  I thought. 

I was told that the call would be recorded for ... whatever normal thing.

The phone started to ring.  I thought I was at somebody's line.

It rang and rang and rang and rang.

Then it stopped.

Rinse and repeat.

HERE IS THE NUMBER I WAS GIVEN:   1 - 877- 618-3524

Does this work for anybody?

tomhatesyou12
Student
Options

i am so p****d off at samsung for this. they actually sent me a voice verification code after several loops and attempts(which were all done correctly),then  unfortunatly they sent in another language, maybe arabic. How stupid is that

tomhatesyou12
Student
Options

i should also mention their customer service sucks big time. Theres no proper chat lines. only through sms, which doesnt work . i had to call to get any service and wasted alot of time for no solution to this