Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 05:38 PM)
boguc
Student
Options

Hi,

few days ago I changed password for my second account on SG9. After change, system want from me in 2nd step  code which was generated in procedure of creation account. Not code form SMS or email - I have access to phone and email. I dont remeber codes because I created account many years ago, when I use SG2. An now, after few years, I cant log in to my account because of codes. How can I turn off Two-Step Verification withot logging to account ? Is there special support addres where can I send ask for turn off 2 step verification ? Really only one way is factory reset phone and creating new account ? Especially when I have access to emial and phone (SMS). Why Two-Step Verification ask me for code form list and not from SMS or email ?

113 REPLIES 113
kalmian
Journeyman
Options

This took me a while to solve. I even called Samsung Support and while they were very friendly and supportive, they were not able to resolve my issue. I actually found it by accident by changing my search criteria.

Anyway, here is the fix:

Go to Settings

Select Lock Settings

Go into Select Lock Settings

Make sure to DE-SELECT

LOCK NETWORK AND SECURITY.

This function blocks the Samsung 2 Factor Authentication codes.

I know the time spent resolving this whole thing is ridiculous but that's what I did to solve my issue - thanks to another user who is absolutely brilliant!!!

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

Hey everyone. The Authy App solution posted by @leexgx  3 weeks ago works perfectly. The app can be found here: https://authy.com/ 
Here's a screenshot of the solution @leexgx  provided. 
authy.JPG

0 Likes
Havelock1
First Poster
Options

I tried something different in order to access this site, because of the verification nonsense. I accessed it by using my Google Account - just mail address and password.

0 Likes
Aaron242kerr
First Poster
Options
My country code for my number is 876 is that's the reason am ot receiving the vode
0 Likes
Numpty
Student
Options

I have exactly this problem. Sign in - password - then verify - I verify correctly, no problem - then sign in again, agree to something - verify again - sign in again - verify again - sign in again......ad nauseam

This is on a cheap J5 but that is hardly an excuse for Samsung

On another issue - when I download data from my phone onto my PC using Smartswitch my Samsung notes come out as a massed gibberish of symbols and letters. Do they not check these processes when they build them? It's not as if Samsung is a wee business run out of a garage. Or maybe it is.

BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

Check this for resolving two steps verification, I feel your frustration, I’ve been in that spot few months ago 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Trapped-Two-Step-Verification/m-p/1725448#M401... 

0 Likes
Numpty
Student
Options

I'll give it a try. 

Is it the case that turning off 2 step verification makes syncing impossible?

Any advice on fixing the Samsung notes issue would be welcome. I really need to be able to back these up.

0 Likes
Geemu
Journeyman
Options

You LEExgx, are so WRONG.  Read the pages and pages of parallel comments and youll see that you have no idea what u are talking about.  The system is broken and a cheap fix after their data breach.  They barely tested it before rolling it out, and now offer little customer service assistance on the matter with ZERO followup.

0 Likes
Geemu
Journeyman
Options

they wont.  they dont care.  
the only way ive ever received email status reports from Samsung agents (if I may be so supportive to call it that)
Is by emailing them first.  Agent call center will not call u back, leave a voicemail, leave an email, nor send an auto-emailed response that the call was even placed, a ticket was formed, status pending or closed-- NOTHING.

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@Geemu wrote:

You LEExgx, are so WRONG.  Read the pages and pages of parallel comments and youll see that you have no idea what u are talking about.  The system is broken and a cheap fix after their data breach.  They barely tested it before rolling it out, and now offer little customer service assistance on the matter with ZERO followup.

@Geemu  you immediately lose all credibility when you jump on here and spout garbage about the best working solution somebody has found. Many of us are successfully using the Authy solution posted in May by @leexgx . Its been working flawlessly on my phone for 3 full months. Either listen to what people are saying or go away.

0 Likes