Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 02:23 AM)
boguc
Student
Options

Hi,

few days ago I changed password for my second account on SG9. After change, system want from me in 2nd step  code which was generated in procedure of creation account. Not code form SMS or email - I have access to phone and email. I dont remeber codes because I created account many years ago, when I use SG2. An now, after few years, I cant log in to my account because of codes. How can I turn off Two-Step Verification withot logging to account ? Is there special support addres where can I send ask for turn off 2 step verification ? Really only one way is factory reset phone and creating new account ? Especially when I have access to emial and phone (SMS). Why Two-Step Verification ask me for code form list and not from SMS or email ?

113 REPLIES 113
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@leexgx  I have tried entering my number in 3 different ways on the second line below the drop-down selection of the country code. I have entered it with no country code and the 0 dropped (423 ....), with the country code and the zero dropped (61423 ...) and with no country code and the zero left in (0423 ...). For each of the first two options I receive a 6-digit code via SMS but the setup page loops and asks for the code again. For the last option the account reports "Failed to send SMS".  

NB: putting a + in front on the second line isn't possible, it accepts only digits.

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

the acocunt your signed into right now in this forum is the one your trying to use yes ?

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

Well its in the same name, but you can't access the forum from your Samsung account, the forum requires you to set up a separate login with a username (Baysider in my case). The standard Samsung account has no username, it uses your email address.

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Baysider wrote:

Well its in the same name, but you can't access the forum from your Samsung account, the forum requires you to set up a separate login with a username (Baysider in my case). The standard Samsung account has no username, it uses your email address.

its the same email and password (on fourm you just have to make a Name for the fourm, but the login for all samsung services are the same) but its not related to this any way

goto your samsung account page log into the account your trying to use on the phone and see if 2FA enabled or not

it should be disabled if you have never enabled it before or never used clound backup (if you use Cloud backup samsung force you to turn on 2FA ) see if you can enable it form the samsung account page as my second phone is not using device verfication as its trusted device (i cant turn off 2FA on my samsung account as samsung enable it by defualt now once enabled it wont turn off)

then try signing into your phone again and see if it uses 2FA login instead of Device verfication (as 2FA is a Token based login)

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@leexgx  I have had 2FA enabled for a long time, and I use cloud backup. The Samsung app on my phone updated and since then this 2FA problem exists. I need to access my Cloud Backup as I have lost 2 years of photos, and the looping problem with 2FA is preventing me from doing this. 

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@leexgx there is no option in my account to turn off 2FA, it is greyed out in the ON position. 

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Baysider wrote:

@leexgx there is no option in my account to turn off 2FA, it is greyed out in the ON position. 

what samsung device is it

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@leexgx 
Galaxy 6 Edge SM-G925I

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@leexgx 
Please note that it is definitely 2FA that is the problem. I am not prompted to enter my mobile number on the account verification screen, it automatically sends an SMS to my phone using the number stored in my account.

0 Likes
leexgx
Navigator
Options

@Baysider wrote:

@leexgx 
Galaxy 6 Edge SM-G925I

does it have android 7.0 update on it, might be that the 2FA login wont fuction on that device

as on my S5 it wont let me log into it any more once i logged out of the samsung account on that device

your problem is not the 2FA (as 2FA does not ask for a mobile number it automatilcy send you a SMS code when you login or you you use an auth app like Authy to get the codes)

but our problem is the Device verfication your having problems with

do you have any other active sim cards (does not matter where they are from even a UK one will do) put it into another phone and use that as the mobile number for device verfication 

0 Likes