Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turn off Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 05:00 PM)
boguc
Student
Options

Hi,

few days ago I changed password for my second account on SG9. After change, system want from me in 2nd step  code which was generated in procedure of creation account. Not code form SMS or email - I have access to phone and email. I dont remeber codes because I created account many years ago, when I use SG2. An now, after few years, I cant log in to my account because of codes. How can I turn off Two-Step Verification withot logging to account ? Is there special support addres where can I send ask for turn off 2 step verification ? Really only one way is factory reset phone and creating new account ? Especially when I have access to emial and phone (SMS). Why Two-Step Verification ask me for code form list and not from SMS or email ?

113 REPLIES 113
nbooth1983
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and can't find a way to log in. I can log in fine on my note 10, just not my tablet!

dhtzs01
Explorer
Options

Two-step authentication system is utterly broken! After Samsung decided to force two-step authentication on all users following a data leak, everything got messed up. I've been struggling with my Galaxy S6 over a week now and I'm still not able to bypass that verification process. I've performed a factory reset on the device several times and it's even running on the latest firmware version. It's sending me a 6-digit code for two-step verification on my phone number, which seems valid, and then when I type in the code and click verify, it loops and asks for the code again without giving me an error message. I've tried asking twice to remove two-step authentication from my Samsung account by creating a question ticket in Samsung's Support website (for which you have to be logged in order to do so), and I haven't received an answer since then. I've basically been locked out of my account and all I can say is that Samsung really got me disappointed this time.

leexgx
Navigator
Options

@dhtzs01 wrote:

Two-factor authentication system is utterly broken! After Samsung decided to force two-factor authentication on all users following a data leak everything got messed up. I've been struggling with my Galaxy S6 over a week now and I'm still not able to bypass that process. I had performed a factory reset on the device and it's running the latest firmware version. It behaves like it's sending me invalid SMS codes and it gets me into an endless loop of asking the same thing all the time. I've tried asking twice to remove two-factor authentication from my Samsung account by creating a question ticket in Samsung's support website (which you have to be logged in order to create one), and I haven't reveived any answer since then. I've been locked out of my account and all I can say is that Samsung really got me disappointed this time!

Its most likely not 2fa your talking about, its the device verification code that's not working correctly 

2fa works fine, it's the device verification that is not working if you include the area code (like +44 or 0044 for example) add or remove the area code from it and it will work fine (2fa is only enforced if you turn on cloud backup, a device verification code is asked for when changing password or enabling samsung remote control setting) 

Or alternately

Enable 2fa on your other device and you find that it work fine on the one your having problems with as it will send the 2fa code to your main phone

If you had 2fa enabled on your Samsung account it would of asked sent you a code immediately to your main phone

0 Likes
dhtzs01
Explorer
Options

No, you're absolutely wrong! I'm clearly talking about the two-step verification process. It's sending me a valid 6-digit SMS verification code on my phone number which is working both on my other device (Galaxy S10e) and my laptop (by logging in account.samsung.com) but it's somehow "not accepted" when I'm trying to add the account on my Galaxy S6.

Muhammad_Awais
Student
Options

I am facing the same problem. while I'm trying to log into my Samsung account on Glaxy A5 after reset. It's sending me an SMS verification code which is not verifying this code nor giving any error like it is wrong. However it show message for few seconds that it is signing in. Help me if you got any solution.

RalucaRuth
Student
Options

I have the same issue . I put the Sms code and trying to sign in and they send me another code , I put it again and the same thing....

leexgx
Navigator
Options

If the code is been sent to your main account t that is 2fa sms

If it asks you to enter the mobile number before it sends you a verification code that is device verification

If your having problems with 2fa go onto the working device and turn off 2fa (witch will turn off cloud backup) and try again on other device (my old s5 won't let me login with 2fa enabled) and make sure you don't include the area code when doing device verification (example +44 or 0044)

But if your getting a Incorrect code that will be device verification (not 2fa)

So if your number is 07777 666666 make sure you don't do it as +447777 666666 (if you did add the +44 originally you may need to add the area code part)

it's device verification that is broken because the code is hashed from the mobile number you enter (some sorted of fixed hash function)

the 2fa is Web based and will send the correct code

Again if the phone is asking for a mobile number before it send you a verification code that is not 2fa  (its device verification, you have to add or remove the area code to get a valid code) 

If it sends you a code to your main sim account soon as you login that is 2fa

Why they made it more complicated this way I am unsure 

0 Likes
Vladleb
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with my S6 in Russia

Country code +7 and all seems ok with number, but verification dosen't work 

leexgx
Navigator
Options

Need to do it without the County code (if you add +7 it will send you a invalid device code) 

@Vladleb wrote:

Same issue with my S6 in Russia

Country code +7 and all seems ok with number, but verification dosen't work 

0 Likes
Vladleb
Journeyman
Options

Country code (+7) need to be chosen in form on samsung account site. 

I added only my number without country code.  No result

Codes from recieved SMS dosn't work for me, when i push "Verify" my phone goes back to form for code input. 

Looping without any errors.