Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with samsung j4+ mobile

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 05:27 PM)
MissEmma25
First Poster
Options

Hi I wondered if anyone could help me please. What it is my son changed his password on phone he has forgotten password so cant open it so I looked up what I could do to open it they advised to do reset with volume & power button which I did when I resetted it & it started up it gave me 2 options to open phone 1 was the password & other was his gmail account secondary protection he forgot that password so i put in his gmail address & requested change off password i waited just over 3 days for it to register then i tried it to no avail.. it looks as if it's going to sign in then either goes to beginning of process or says something went wrong to try again...

I've checked that that gmail works as i put his sim card in my mobile which it did...

I just dont know what to do hes only had it 14months hes got another 10months off contract left before can upgrade which I'm paying for and it doesn't work so I'm pretty annoyed any help & advice would be brilliant he needs a phone as in a few months hes starting college and i cant afford to pay the remainder of contract to get upgrade early as for being a single parent...

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try logging into the Samsung Account and use the Find my Phone to reset the password.

The password is a security feature to protect the phone and it's contents so it's not meant to be circumvented easily.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MissEmma25
First Poster
Options

Hi bandofbrothers thanks for your reply.

I cant do anything apart from put password or use the gmail to open mobile I have no other options I cant go on any other page/screen..

All it does when i turn it on is connect to wifi, check for updates then it goes to the screen of putting in password or gmail to open mobile.  I know I'm using the right gmail address and I changed password to it last week and the password was changed as I checked on my mobile but it wont register on the j4+ it just resets back to adding gmail address it just doesn't register.  I looked on my s9 to do the find my mobile but it wasnt registering or found product.. I had to go playstore to find a app to find mobile.  I looked on my Samsung apps on my s9 that were pre installed and there isnt an app to find mobile..

Thank you for replying anyway

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi.

Use a laptop or tablet to log into your Samsung Account and then in your Samsung Account shoukd be the findmymobile and the reset options.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes
MissEmma25
First Poster
Options

thanks again..

I went into Samsung account and it says I need to be sign into Samsung on the mobile.. I changed his sim card into my mobile to try and connect to Samsung account then put sim back in his mobile.. I open Samsung up on my s9 and all it shows is my mobile I've even added his gmail account to the account with no avail..

Thanks again bandofbrothers I really appreciate you helping.

Emma

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @MissEmma25 

However something does not sound right 

The findmymobile option is available if a person loses that mobile so how could a person log into thephone if its lost !!

I'd suggest to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for support.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes