Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Trapped Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 30-04-2020 01:25 AM)
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

I have activated my Two-Step Verification security option on the samsung account website, I received sms on my mobile number, I used it to activate the Two-Step Verification, now my Two-Step Verification option is on.

When I signed in my SAMSUNG account on my mobile, and requesting the Two-Step Verification code, I don't receive any code, tried that from samsung accounts website, the same thing happened, I can generate backup codes, which won't work with the phone, Now I am trying to turn off the Two-Step Verification option, but I don't know how.

Long story short, I am trapped with the security layer I wanted to protect myself with.

Please I need your help 

54 REPLIES 54
Robin999
Hotshot
Options

I managed to get Samsung to turn off Two-Step Verification today. This has enabled me to sort out this issue with my older Tab S2 tablet (Android Version 7.0). My tablet is now able to use all of Samsung service ie Cloud, Find my Device, Members and account pages.

It also meant I had to turn on Two-Step Verification again for my newer Galaxy S8+ mobile phone (Android Version 9) in order to use the same features, but the good news is that my tablet is still signed in and able to use all the above features without having to go through Two-Step Verification. I can even confirm that the verification process is OFF for my tablet and ON for my phone.

Rob

Rob

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

how to you turned off if you please?

0 Likes
Robin999
Hotshot
Options

I contacted Samsung via  https://account.samsung.com/membership/intro and asked them to remove Two-Step Verification from my account. It took about 3 working days for them to reply.

Once it was removed I logged into my Samsung account via my tablet first and made sure everything was accessable. I then had to log into my account via my mobile and switch the process on again. I was worried that this might cause a problem with the tablet again but it didn't.

I now have verification turned off on my tablet and turned on, on my mobile.

Rob

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

when you said you've asked them,

asked them using what method? 

will you pleasr specify more and It'll be highly appreciated if you send the message or request you've sent so I can use it as a guide line

0 Likes
Robin999
Hotshot
Options

Scroll to bottom of page and click on "Contact Us"

Unfortunately because it was a web form I am unable to show you my question. However, all I said was that Two-Step Verification was not working for my older tablet running Android Version 7 and requested that they removed the verification process from my account. I also included the version number for My Samsung app off my tablet. 

Rob

0 Likes
Robin999
Hotshot
Options
Just logged into the Customer Support page and it actually kept a copy of my question...

Q I am unable to log into my Samsung account on my Samsung Galaxy tablet due to a problem with your two step verification process. Each time I enter the received 6 digit code it fails to log in and loops back to the same login page. I have updated to the latest Android OS version 7.0 and my Samsung Account version: 2.2.04.61 but the problem still exists. Is it possible to remove two step process from my account.

For some reason the link I posted is returning an error when done via my laptop but is working fine on my tablet. I have taken a screenshot of the webpage showing the contact us button and the webform but I'm unable to paste it into this reply sorry.

Rob
Baysider
Navigator
Options

The loop back error on the setup for two-step verification has been reported by many across at least 3 threads. Samsung is making no effort to solve it.
See
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/turn-off-Two-Step-Verification/m-p/1723949 
and 
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Can-t-Setup-Two-Step-Verification/m-p/1658233 

0 Likes
Robin999
Hotshot
Options
What Android version are you running on your Galaxy S6?
0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

I have Android version 7.0. 

0 Likes
Robin999
Hotshot
Options
That's your problem then. Two step verification only works with android 8 or higher. You need to ask samsung to turn the feature off
0 Likes