Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Trapped Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 01:19 PM)
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

I have activated my Two-Step Verification security option on the samsung account website, I received sms on my mobile number, I used it to activate the Two-Step Verification, now my Two-Step Verification option is on.

When I signed in my SAMSUNG account on my mobile, and requesting the Two-Step Verification code, I don't receive any code, tried that from samsung accounts website, the same thing happened, I can generate backup codes, which won't work with the phone, Now I am trying to turn off the Two-Step Verification option, but I don't know how.

Long story short, I am trapped with the security layer I wanted to protect myself with.

Please I need your help 

54 REPLIES 54
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

So were there any solutions or everybody is standing still at they have faced the same issue?

Also, is there anybody from SAMSUNG tech department / Personal seeing all that and doing something about it? or just keep your head down and hope this issue will fix itself?!

0 Likes
RIIDII
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Having the same issue, searching for all he web - nothing. 

Have you found any solution? 

I just decided to strengthen my password a little and that is disaster. Logged in at my laptop easily, but phone - nope. I tried different stuff, like putting my sim in the other device, no that I enter the sms code manually and everything will be fine... have naive I've been. 

BTW what android version do you have at your Samsung? I was sticking to 7.0, but planning to update up to 8.0. Who knows, maybe this will help.

Also I wrote to the support team, but I wonder, how much time is it gonna take for their response. 

Cheers! 

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Software version has got nothing to do with your ability to loginto your SAMSUNG account using your SAMSUNG device whatever the version it uses.

And unfortunately, untill this moment no success with login in as it is doing the same thing over and over again.

Also, so saddly SAMSUNG Tech support is not answering nor doing anything in this regard. I hope COVID 19 will leave at least one of SAMSUNG to solve this issue, then can take'em.

By the way, after this issue and how SAMSUNG treating users. I am seriously thining about iPhone, DevilPhone, Whatever***** Phone, anything but SAMcrapSUNG.

0 Likes
RIIDII
First Poster
Options

Hi again,

To my bloody surprise I've managed to solve that 2FA issue. 

So to make a long story short, I have Galaxy S7, and I haven't been updating its android version for a while, using and prefering Android 7.0. 

But, I decided to take a risk and updated it just now up to Android 8.0, realizing that I may have some frustration after, because I used to compare 7.0 vs 8.0 before and 7.0 won for me. 

So, again, signing in to my Samsung account, again entering new password, and again 2nd step of 2FA. But it turned out, that in v_8.0 there is another option for 2nd step, where you can enter or sms code, either a Backup Code, that you can take from your Samsung account settings (in your account you go to Security, then to Two-step Verification and then to Backup Codes), , the ones, that are printable and can be used only once. 

So I did that and became a winner of this day, or maybe even life...

...though I've spent a lot of hours today due to this issue. Thanks to COVID, I've got a lot of time for a lot of unneccessary stuff. 

Good luck

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

Hello again,

so happy someone broke free from this stupid trap.

tomorrow i’m planning on wasting my entire friday to try to solve this trap

By the, did you use samsung auto update or you used another method to upgrade your platform?

0 Likes
RIIDII
First Poster
Options

I used the Samsung system method for updating the system, no any custom actions. 

Also, to my surprise, the support replied to me at night time, telling me that it was possible to switch off the 2fa if I give some certain information of mine and agree to proceed. Feeling not so hopeless. 

Cheers

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

I checked my software update and after it finsih the search, I showed a message, that my software is uptoday and all necessary updates have been installed.

This means, it aint a software issue.

0 Likes
MothyOz
First Poster
Options

Same problem after older Samsung Tab S2 SM-T813 updated (boticed a download arrow after connecting wifi this am but I dion't know what was updated on this wifi only device. A notice that the Samsung session had expired was received a number of times in the last month on this tablet.

My account is linked with Samsung A5 mobile with logged in account. Via Samsung Members app, access to Samsung account details (from Settings in the 3 dot Menu at the top right) under Password & security, Devices all OK there, but  no trusted devices were listed.

Went to use My files after the update on the Tablet - requested it be updated to use it, however the required logon with two step verification when My Files reopened. Failed... the read this thread 😣.

Decided to check out the account  on the A5 with Android 8, is logged in but could not turn off 2 step in those settings. Rebooted the Tablet. My Files ran fine! And already logged in to the Samsung account. The A5 now shows this Tab as 'recently used 10/05 7:28pm' over 5 months ago.

Go figure.

May I suggest that if Account sync is NOT set to 'only over wifi' on a phone device that this might cause issues with the 2 step process, the code is received on my phone, to enter on the Tablet?

0 Likes
MothyOz
First Poster
Options

Nothing has changed after my previous post! Opening My Files still can bring up a sign in page, 'you need to sign in to use this service' which is where the password / 2 step code fails. I am unable to identify the 'service' requesting a sign in & another notice that 'Samsung account session has expired' showed up. From My Files, settings in drop dowm menu Settings: Accounts, Samsung Cloud drive - indicates that this account is active.

The Samsung Cloud app only flashes when selected - briefly then disappears, with a notice 'can't connect to samsung cloud, try again later' . There is no listing for this app either in the Galaxy store or in Play Store now, it is on the A5, a factory installed app?? Possibly the app update process on the Tablet attempts to update & repeatedly fails = session expired notice = unable to sign in? 

I selected Samsung cloud from Settings, Apps. Forced Stop. Deleted Cache & Data, Uninstalled updates (resets to factory settings). App icon has gone. Samsung cloud backup says it only runs with the power on, screen off.... selecting 'backup now' activates 'calculating' & results in a 'Failed to backup device' notice, so will close up now & wait to see what happens.

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

I've tried a SAMSUNG A50, just to try my SAMSUNG Account

I made update to all the phone apps, then It worked fine, I was able to login using my samsung password, then I received an SMS with the 2 step verification code, after i signd in, I didnt sync my files as this phone is not mine, but I was trying to find any way to turn off the stupid 2 steps verification , but I wasn't able, thats why I called this opotion SAMSUNG trap 

So appearantly, SAMSUNG decided to stop providing technical support to older versions of their phone, now anybody with older version of samsung frimwork, something like version 6.0 or 7.0, I believe the new security system require from version 8.0 and above. which means you need to buy newer releases phones

This is really cheaeting, to make any option avilable to run on but then you can't turn it off, it's a SCAM  

Please anybody knows how to turn off the stupid 2 steps verification, post it here, thank you all

0 Likes