Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering Photos

(Topic created on: 23-08-2018 10:59 AM)
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

Using my S8 and have put some holiday pictures in an album in my Phone Gallery.

Have connected phone to PC..have made a new folder.I begin to copy pics from this album and the paste to folder on PC.

I get this...Error with Connected Device/Incorrect Data. I have the phone up-to-date etc....

Any  advice?...

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Done a bit of playing about on this and in the end had to move all the pictures from the titled album to camera within the phone, then connect to PC..then put all pics into a new folder( copied/paste)..Simple...

I have noticed that there is no Samsung Mobile MTP Device on my PC like before..I take it W10 and S8 connect automatically then..

Cheers.
0 Likes
sandymo
Pioneer
Options

If you can't transfer photos from your Samsung phone to pc in that way, you may need to try a third-party program to help you do that. Usually, the program will scan out all photos on your Samsung phone and list them on program after you connect it to computer. Then you can preview and choose photos you want to transfer to pc.

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Got all sorted...Reconnected S8 to PC and all necessary software got installed.Then was able to see pics on Phone and then transferred all to PC drive and external drive.
Don't know what the initial problem was but all working now
Cheers
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear @Gerrymac! Thanks for the update!

EmilyBaker
Apprentice
Options

The most common way to transfer photos between Samsung phone and computer is to copy and paste the files. This method can be completed with one USB cable easily. You just need to establish a connection between your Android phone and computer and once the computer detect your phone, you will be able to move the files from/to computer without any hassle. The details are:

Step 1. Use a USB cable to link your phone to computer. During the connection, you need to enable USB debugging on your phone to make the device be detected.
Step 2. After the detection, you can double click on the icon of This Computer on your PC and then find out your phone.
Step 3. Now you can double click on your device to open it and then click on the folder named DCIM.
Step 4. In this folder, you will see the Camera folder and you should double click on it. Then you see all the images that you have saved on your phone.
Step 5. Now if you want to move the photos from Android phone to computer, you can select the wanted files in the Camera folder and right click to choose Copy option and paste them into your computer. But if you want to sync the images from computer to the mobile phone, you can choose and copy the files from your computer and then paste them to the Camera folder.

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for the info, Emily...my problem was the phone wasn,t connecting with PC for the above to happen. All working now thou..

Cheers.
0 Likes
CecicliaGarcia
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Photo Transfer - Samsung Backup Assistant (Windows/Mac), which is the most practical tool to help share files between Samsung and PC/Mac. By running it on computer, you can transfer photos between Samsung phone and computer with very simple operations.

The Samsung Photo Transfer is the best tool to transfer photos between Samsung phone and computer (Windows PC or Mac). With it, you can easily transfer pictures from Samsung phone to computer or transfer images from computer to Samsung devices with one click. Before transferring, you can preview all photos from your device in thumbnails, select what you want to transfer and then selectively transfer Samsung photos individually or in batches as you like. What's more, you can also delete unwanted Samsung photos individually or in bulk on your computer if needed.