Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 08:01 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
john-cs
Student
Options

For portrait shots, it would be amazing to have a blur effect like it is captured with an anamorphic lens.

0 Likes
MiDMo
First Poster
Options

Got an idea to have an indisplay camera (for video calls) and indisplay fingerprint sensor or camera sensor for security,  added onto the watch series of galaxy smartwatches. wish to fullfill your smart watch segments innovation team a good luck. Thanks for rendering an idea.

0 Likes
Cupton84
First Poster
Options

With the integration with OneDrive now in operation, it would be good to have Gallery automatically upload the pictures in a better folder structure within DCIM folder. For instance, "2020/2020-11". Having large numbers of pictures all in one folder means much slower loads over thousands of pictures so splitting them out would be ideal! 

0 Likes
KenThen
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
RedGed
Student
Options

Create a 'TV Mode' 📺 (similar to dex)

This will turn your phone into an android TV when casting or connected via hdmi, incorporating the following features:

1. Display will show a layout with selected apps (Netflix, bbci player, Samsung video player etc) or use Google TV menu.

2. The ability to stop notifications & phone calls when in TV mode, or change to a small notification icon in the corner so not to disturb viewing.

3. Utilise VR remote as an air mouse/TV remote and thus helping generate sales

4. Utilise the dex Dock as a charging station etc, again generating sales

This will truly be a first and yet another reason to buy a Samsung phone....🙂

0 Likes
Felikios
First Poster
Options

SELECTIVE FOCUS

My favourite camera mode. You want to get yourself or ur loved one (closeup) with your glorious background. This mode allowed you to have everything focused. Foeground AND background. Practically it combined 2 pictures by software with amazing results. 

Now everyone is focusing on Blurring the background and who does it better. what if I dont want to blur the background?  this mode was last seen on S8...  I dont understand why it is not there as an option.    

Samsung can you please return the service as an option? For me it was one reason to stand out from the rest!!  :smiling-face:

Ara22
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the Samsung A50 phone right now, and I really liked the update where samsung gave you the option to pick from different topics to set as pictures for the lockscreen, and it changes each time you unlock your phone. I really like the landscapes/scenery one, but I was wondering if it is possible to make the location of these places tagged as an option with these pictures, because I would really like to know where they are. If that is possible, it would be great!

ixnunc
Student
Options

I would really like to see a Samsung equivalent of Airplay. I know we have Smart View, which is nice, but it's nowhere near as convenient as casting. I realize that we can use chromecast but I don't want to have to buy a dongle to do something my partner can do for free from her iPhone. We set up airplay from her phone and our Samsung TV can play content from pretty much any app while she messes around with her phone. I can only cast from Netflix and Youtube with my S21 but that only opens the app from our tv. It's kind of crazy to me that Samsung tvs have more compatibility with iPhones than their own phones. I'd really like to see a "SmartCast" or something.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Ara22 wrote:

Hi,

I have the Samsung A50 phone right now, and I really liked the update where samsung gave you the option to pick from different topics to set as pictures for the lockscreen, and it changes each time you unlock your phone. I really like the landscapes/scenery one, but I was wondering if it is possible to make the location of these places tagged as an option with these pictures, because I would really like to know where they are. If that is possible, it would be great!

Hi @Ara22 , The developers have let us know that whilst they have no current plans for this, they'll look out for more people wanting it - so I'd encourage folks who'd like the feature to like your post and let us know. 🙂:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
M-o-r-g
Explorer
Options
haven't posted for a while. .

. . but what about a SmartThings app for smart watches?. .
0 Likes