Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 27-12-2019 06:44 AM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
smsung-improver
Explorer
Options
Yeah I have a big one for you: getting back the Button grid option permitting us to change the layout of our Quick Panel.
You're asking for new features but you're not even able to stabilise your useless UI, being more focused on deploying tons of bloatwares instead of keeping what works great.
Pbowers
First Poster
Options

In the edge clipboard app it would be nice to have the option to mark some clips as permanent. Or have a way to set up groups of clips would be even better. This would allow you to have commonly used clips always available. 

Kaysyrey
First Poster
Options

Hi idea I was thinking of is radio to bluetooth speaker with out using data or wifi no app just the radio on the phone

0 Likes
Kaysyrey
First Poster
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

Bluetooth radio with out data or wifi

0 Likes
Jagdenforste
First Poster
Options

I've recently started studying again and dusted off my old elitebook and realised i really really missed having a fullsize keyboard and mouse.

Then I realised my S10 have roughly twice the power as the laptop I'm using(8560p i5) and the laptop keeps up with my needs easily.

The sum it up: I can definitely see myself just plugging my phone in a laptop shell dex style(Frame, screen, keyboard, juicier battery, couple of connections usb, hdmi et.c, could probably use the phones own camera with some cleaver fibre optics)

I really enjoy all the cloud based services that exist that can keep my PC synced with my phone but having just one unit would be easier to maintain and would feel safer.

Pro's:

*Shouldn't be that expensive to produce.

*Safe: one unit to update, less data floating in the cloud.

*Can be used by several people without effecting security of your data.

*Tablet shell possible aswell.

Yepp I write messy so I rendered a badass illustration and attached it.dexbookthelatestideaof2019.jpg

0 Likes
AllAboutSmartph
Apprentice
Options
It already exists - https://youtu.be/JypzVJ4VaoY
0 Likes
Jagdenforste
First Poster
Options

@AllAboutSmartph wrote:
It already exists - https://youtu.be/JypzVJ4VaoY

IMO that looks like something you could make with a USB C to HDMI, old screen and BT KB/Mouse(Parts for 20£).

I mean an actual laptop that you can carry to the sofa, desk, train and whatnot and you put the phone inside and integrate it completely.

0 Likes
Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

want blue bubbles not green in messaging 

BroskiKaizer
Student
Options

Dear Samsung, I bought a Galaxy A50 assuming that with a 3 lens, 24mp camera came great photos. I was wrong. JPG images taken with the Galaxy A50 are full of artifacts, noise, and lack of detail. These are caused by Samsung's decision to not support the full Camera2 API, Android's official camera API, which enables the capture of RAW images, full manual control of the camera, and official, high-quality HDR, panorama, and Night Mode capabilities. I cannot see why you have decided to not allow us to harness the full potential of the camera. You would get better ratings, because, alas, your camera is better. Users would be more satisfied and be more likely to buy your phones in the future (like me). They could make better use of third party camera apps, regardless of whether or not you choose to update the Samsung Camera App. You would not have to pay developers to build unnecessary photo modes when there are already pre-developed, free versions out there. As I understand, even on your highest-end phones, like the S10, you still do not allow access to the full Camera2 API. Why?

Samsung, please fix this.

The solving of this issue is so simple, that I will even tell you exactly how to do it. All you have to do is go into the Build.Prop file, and set
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled to 1
persist.vendor.camera.HAL3.enabled to 1

persist.camera.stats.test to 5

persist.vendor.camera.stats.test to 5

persist.camera.eis.enable to 1.

It's that simple. Users have already gotten this to work on rooted S9s and other devices, so why not just do it? I bet you it will take you no more than 30 minutes to an hour.

c_ilija
First Poster
Options

Hi. It would be really cool to have option back, where you can tap your home button 3 times or volume up+down for 3 sec, and have your screen colors inverted. Shortcut option is there, only that Color inversion cannot be choosen.

This was possible on older Samsung smarthphones and tablets. On my Galaxy Tab A 2016 and Galaxy Tab A 2019 this is not possible.

For visualy imapred persons like myself this option is very important.

Best regards

0 Likes