Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The REAL reason you don't get a charger anymore.

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 07:05 PM)
Falloutkid
Pioneer
Options
I have just watched a rather interesting video on YouTube with the title "The REAL reason you don't get a charger anymore" it's  by a guy called "Mrwhosetheboss" and what he explains does make a great deal of sense .

It's too be hoped all those smartphone manufacturers sit up and start taking notice instead of just thinking about how much money they can make and not putting our planet first. 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I got a charger in the box with my Nokia G50. What they do is pay for trees to be planted for every device sold, they planted 30 for my purchase.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's interesting listening to the manufacturers,  tech blog sites and YouTube creators on why some mobile phone manufacturers no longer provide a charger in the box.

Even the argument that some manufacturers have followed Apples lead !

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Falloutkid
Pioneer
Options
How would you possibly know that Nokia had planted 30 trees ? were you their at the time anyway this is not purely about paper or cardboard but looking at other solutions like making power bricks from more biodegradable materials also less power consumption.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I have a code and grid reference assigned, they are doing it in partnership with ecologi. My 30 trees are in Madagascar. Also, a power brick doesn't affect how much power the device consumes over it's lifetime. A more efficient power circuit in the phone does that. The phone has a 5000 mAh battery which lasts 4 days on a single charge. That is lightyears more efficient than my old phone that managed two even when new with a 3000mAh battery.