Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The newest update on my J6+ messed up my files on my SD card

(Topic created on: 13-10-2020 10:49 PM)
Lamyea
First Poster
Options

I dont know what to do. All my videos, cameras and downloads that I put on my SD card doesnt word anymore. It was fine before the latest update, but afterwards, now, I dont know how to retrieve them.

I do have backed up data but that data was from long ago. I'm stressed, sad and angry and I desperately want some help.

Everytime I go to my gallery, the videos and pictures saved on my sd card come up with a grey background with an exclamation point. Most of my downloaded music wouldn't play either. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When I'm discussing the topic of updating software on their phone I recommend to remove the Sd card before updating @Lamyea 

Did you do this ?

Maybe remove the Sd card and try it in another phone just as a process of elimination.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Lamyea
First Poster
Options

Thank you for responding. 

I dont normally take my sd card out when updating. I could use the generic "and this didnt happen before" but what use will that be? I genuinely didnt know to take it out.

As a silver lining, I found that my phone automatically backs up my data, so my backed by data went as far back as the 13th of this month and I was thankfully able to retrieve my music. My photos and videos are also saved onto google photos so my pictures are saved there.

But I will be lying if I said that I wasnt upset. I tried my sd card on another phone and the same problem occurs. I definitely think my sd is corrupted and I am sad. While vital data was retrieved, I dont know what else I am missing or what else I wasnt able to back up.

I could ask how I can fix a corrupted sd card but I feel that will be more complicated and impossible. 

Either way, thank you for trying to help me.

0 Likes