Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new update for Galaxy S8 is BAD

(Topic created on: 14-12-2019 04:18 PM)
Marjaana
Student
Options

The new update is so bad!

I´ve been using my Galaxy S8 for almost a year now and been very happy with it.

But yesterday I updated my phone. Should not have done that!!!

1. The icons look like they´re pulled out from a cheap childs phone. 

2. I have NO IDEA why they changed how the windows are alligned, it was way more clearer and easier to operate before, swiping to the sides and seeing all windows at once.. Why did they change it?

3. The screen doesn´t react as fast as it did before, have to really push to get something done. Why?

4. Why have they changed the alarm clock so that the options are at the bottom? 

5. Why have you changed the camera options? I can´t find the pro-option anymore (before they we´re all where you can see them and choose fast) This is a really bad thing for someone who uses their camera all the time....

This new update is a total downgrade. I really hope they do something about it and fast!

23 REPLIES 23
Myoma
First Poster
Options
  1. The new update just messed up my phone and I have only been using for over a year .YouTube won't open, Gmail has stopped working as well plus my outlook email. The battery finishes must faster now .So frustrating. 
Jim_Seraf
Journeyman
Options

If battery is 3x lower, from an update you sould contact EU consumer protection.
This is planned obsolescence, legal speaking. An update shouldn't reduce the capabilities of our phone.
Im still on Nougat and im getting 4,5 screen on time (with full wifi &calls).

People from Oreo and Pie reporting much less (check the entire https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/S8-oreo-battery-drain/td-p/476750).

Now i have red tint on sreen after 1 year of use without any problem and any update.... Samsung is trying to make me update to the new OS....

We should all contact EU consumer protection. Such matters are sovle only with publicity!!!

0 Likes
S8sucks
First Poster
Options

I agree with you loving the S5 and going to the S8 was so frustrating

Samsung made so many stupid changes To make the phone less intuitive and much less if satisfying to operate.  Why in the hell would you change the colors of your icons?

they complicated the camera beyond belief and the upgrade made it worse. I doubt I will ever buy another Samsung product I am pistzoff to the Max. Too many dumb things to even list.

0 Likes
S8sucks
First Poster
Options

I agree one hundred percent as an example why the hell would you change the color of the icons. I doubt all over by another Samsung phone. No longer user-friendly.

0 Likes