Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 12:52 AM)
Stanleysosij
First Poster
Options

I have a J5 2017 and ever since the most recent software update I don't always receive a notification to tell me I have a text.....and it's not that I've not heard it chime or anything I have had the phone right beside me waiting for a reply and after wondering why I've not received a reply and then reopening up my message app do I then see the reply waiting to be read......it's very frustrating......has anyone else had the same problem and/or know how to fix it....?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

First thing to do is to check the sound and notification settings on your phone @Stanleysosij 

Try adjusting them to see if that helps.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Stanleysosij
First Poster
Options

Hi.....thanks for your reply......

I have already checked the sound and notification settings.  I don't have the opportunity to try my sim in another phone but I don't think it is that......

I can be alerted by a sound notification that I've received a text.....so I open up the text app so I can read the text.....once read & replied to I will then close the app......the phone can be in my hand and another text may arrive but I then don't receive a sound notification.......this problem has only started happening since there was an automatic software update a few weeks ago.......

0 Likes
ShaunaG
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, since the most recent software update I'm only receiving intermittent text notifications. They're not going to my smart watch either. I've checked my settings and they seem fine.

0 Likes
Monsh
First Poster
Options

I've got the same problem on my J5 2017. Did you get to the bottom of this after?

0 Likes
Stanleysosij
First Poster
Options

Hi there....no unfortunately not....I was given some things to try by Samsung but they haven't made any difference.....it is incredibly frustrating......

0 Likes
ShaunaG
First Poster
Options

Hi,

No luck, my phone is also a J5 2017. Samsung told me to start the phone in safe mode to see if the issue persisted. When it did they told me to delete all my apps one by one to see what the problem is... not all that helpful and quite time consuming. I've deleted a couple of apps which hasn't worked but I haven't had time to go through them individually. 

0 Likes
Monsh1
First Poster
Options

So annoying!

0 Likes