Original topic:

Technical support - then rebuffed - firmware

(Topic created on: 21-03-2017 07:42 PM)
KaneKaneKane
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, 

My device won't power on, it was generating a great deal of heat recently & now won't respond at all. I contacted the support chat & they were being pretty normal & helpful, arranging a courier to come and collect. Then suddenly she said my device was rooted, I said I didn't know what she meant and she just said "anything else I can help with" I managed to ask a couple more things, she said i'd deleted my firmware. Well i haven't! Nor would I know how. 

She then disconnected the chat. What's going on here then

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
KaneKaneKane
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Samsung S6 FWIW
0 Likes
KellyM
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @KaneKaneKane,

If there's no power to the phone, it will need to be inspected by our engineers. Are you able to pop into any of our Support Centres?

Alternatively, if you'd like a collection arranging, be sure to get in touch with our Support Team.

0 Likes
KaneKaneKane
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @KellyM 

I tried to arrange a collection but suddenly the live chat advisor refused to help me, I don't understand what she was getting at. 

(the support store is quite far from me...40 miles)

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

@KaneKaneKane: Unsure how responsive the phone is, but are you able to try the below at all?

Odin Mode.JPG

This'll put it in 'Odin' mode. Can you let us know what it lists under the headings in that mode? Should be able to tell from that for you if it's rooted.

And to get out of 'Odin' mode and back to normal, just press and hold the Power button.

0 Likes