Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange vertical white light line.

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 01:24 PM)
MalMB
First Poster
Options
A strange white vertical white line has appeared on the left edge of my Galaxg S7 Edge screen. It emerges from a distinct black circle about 1 cm from the top of the screen verticallt down to the edge of the bottom of the screen. I cannot turn it off apart from when I turn off the whole screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried "dragging" this white line towards the middle of the screen? I'm thinking that, perhaps, you have inadvertently repositioned your edge screen from the right side, to the left. Just a thought...
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MalMB: If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select Red, Green and Blue from the series of options, is the line visible here? If so then it looks like a hardware fault, in which case I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below to explore your options regarding an inspection/repair. If the phone is over 24 months old, or the issue is deemed to be the result of physical damage, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service.

Help & Contact | Samsung United Kingdom

0 Likes
MalMB
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your thought but I regret that no amount of attempts of dragging have succeeded..
0 Likes
MalMB
First Poster
Options
Thanks for you advice. I have tried your three colour test and yes the thin white line topped with a small perfectly round circle still remains in each colour. The phone is over two years old. The thin line is about half a cm from the left edge of the screen and does not seem to bother any of the other functionality so I will tolerate it for the present. I will does not seem sensible to spend a lot on an old phone. However, many thanks for the advice.
0 Likes