Support

Open search

Strange 'Service Started' notification

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Hello, 

At random points throughout the day, a small pop-up notification appears on my Galaxy S8 that just says 'Service Started'. I cannot find what app is causing it. It sometimes happens when there are no other apps working in the background and appears to be totally random. Is there a trick to see what services are running? I am worried that there is some sort of malware running in the background. 

Thank you for your time. 

Adam

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
First Poster

AH, thanks, sorry for jumping on the bandwagon, but i couldnt find any news on the Service Started random pop ups until i read this post.
Yes i am also on 3 and have the Wuntu app. However the random service started messages only seem to have been recent. they never been before that i noticed until i reset my phone.

I was also wondering if you get any McAfee is now protecting your device or tracking your location messages i have noticed these too. Probably completely different since reset phone setings though.

Highlighted
Apprentice
I use Dr web & avast for phone protection. If you have mcafee running then that will probably be it. I've heard bad things about mcafee too apparently it really slows down your phone.

Regarding the service started pop up. I've only just started seeing it too. Last couple of days although not seen an update on my recents so unsure what is going on.
Highlighted

As @Rach80 suggested, does the message disappear after removing permissions for Wuntu?

It seems the issue is isolated to users on Three network.

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Highlighted
Apprentice

Yes it's on the screen for a matter of seconds then gone. 

Looks like it's wuntu issue.

Highlighted
First Poster

Yes. I revoked the permissions from the app. that did the trick. Didn't affect app whatsoever.

Top Liked Authors