Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 09:26 AM)
Nikodemus04
First Poster
Options
How can I generate more storage on my galaxy note8? Or what can I delete safely to regain more storage on my device.
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Nikodemus04: My advice would be to backup your personal media (photos, videos etc) to a cloud based site, such as Google Drive or OneDrive. Once you're happy that the backup has been successful, you can delete the media from the phone and free up your internal storage in this manner. You could also take a look at the apps you have installed that you don't use that often, or at all, and uninstall them via Settings > Apps, or by long pressing on the app icon > Uninstall. 

The Galaxy Note 8 is also compatible with Micro SD cards up to 512GB capacity, which can be used to store your personal files and media. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Nikodemus04 

As your phone's internal storage cant be increased I'd suggest to delete data such as....

• Old calendar entries.
  • Old contacts.
  • Texts / mms messages.
  • Picture's and videos you no longer want.
  • Move picture's and videos you want to a vaults such as Dropbox etc.
  • Old notes.
  • Clear your phone's System Partition Cache Files.  Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • Go into your phone's Device Care section and tap on optomise.
  • Go into your My Files and look at data you can delete there you no linger want or need.
  • Delete any games you don't play.
  • Delete apps you no longer need. It's amazing how these can build up !

Hope the above helps 🙏 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Use Google Files to keep on top of storage management. If you allow it usage access it can monitor which apps you are using or not and then remove the ones you don't. Also it will clear cache files and has a decent file manager built in which I find easier to navigate than Samsung's