Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific SIM rejection

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 06:44 PM)
JohnMac85
Student
Options

Hi.

I don't know where else to go with this so I'm hoping someone can help me.

My missus 2 year contract with THREE came to an end and I took her phone as she upgraded. I then took out a SIM only deal with Voda and aquired my PAC code as I wanted to keep my number. 

It is a Samsung Galaxy S8 and all of a sudden my phone has stopped allowing me to dial/receive calls. I am still connected to the internet and I can send/receive texts. Everyone else's SIM works in this phone it just seems to be mine.

I have took my SIM out and put it in another phone and it works fine it just seems to be my SIM in this phone. I have also been to Vodafone and got a brand new SIM and also done a factory reset on the phone and nothing works. I have spoken to Voda and they are saying that nothing is wrong at their end so I am at a complete loss.

I have absolutely no idea. Can anyone help me please?

I have reset absolutely everything as well including a factory reset. 

Thanks.

John.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@JohnMac85: Very strange. What device did you switch from? What happens when you attempt to make a call - do you get any error messages?
JohnMac85
Student
Options

I actually switched from an s8 myself. Mine was knackered but my missus was/is in mint condish.

When attempting to dial out it just pauses on the "dialling" screen then after about 20 seconds just disconnects then quickly goes to emergency calls only for a few seconds before reconnecting to the network. 

It's so weird. 

0 Likes