Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Sound cuts out on galaxy s7

(Topic created on: 30-12-2017 07:10 PM)
peoplers
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

The sound on my galaxy S7 keeps cutting in and out for no apparent reason.

It started last night ans has continued occurring all morning.

I know this is a common issue as I've been sat reading a 30 page long thread about it over on the US Samsung support site.

I've tried the fixes given there including changing the time for it to reset with the stores, resetting my phone, restarting my phone etc. etc.

The problem only occurs with sound being played through the phone speaker but this is seriously annoying as it even impacts on the alarm!!!!!

Model number is SM-G930F

Baseband version is G930FXXU1DQD7

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
robdean
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same problem with the inbuilt speaker on my month old S7, and yes it seems this is a common problem which Samsung seem to be ignoring...

0 Likes
Joelecure
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I've tried everything also to no avail. Did you get it resolved?

0 Likes
Solution
robdean
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Fortunately I was in time to return the phone and buy the same model again elsewhere. That one has been absolutely fine even after a full restore of the problem phone's apps and content. My conclusion is that it is some kind of hardware or sensor fault. The faulty phone remained faulty after a firmware update, several full-erase factory restore cycles and a return to Samsung who sent it back as 'no fault'. I don't think their test procedure is at all good enough to spot intermittent faults, and there was no way to point the engineers to threads like this one: I actually spoke to them and they said they had no internet access, and printouts I sent with the phone were not passed on to them. Not even my fault report was passed on: they just do a quick standard tick-box test of each phone 😞

I honestly believe the only way to resolve this problem is to get the hardware replaced....

View solution in context

0 Likes
Joelecure
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Thanks for the reply.

Seems like the only things to do.

Joe
0 Likes