Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software update sucks

(Topic created on: 15-09-2022 12:16 AM)
ZEAX7
First Poster
Options

How can I message samsung itself? Because the most latest software update that I did just now (aug 16, 2022), really sucks. In almost all ways. it kinda ruined my satisfaction, on how my phone looks overall. So is there any way to fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Could you please elaborate on what features of the software update you did not like? Also, what is the device in question and software version number?
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ZEAX7  As @LiquidSnake  has mentioned we would need more specific details of the issues following the software update.  I now you have the labelled performance amongst others mind you.   Is it laggy for instance? 

However it is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates, this deletes temporary files but keeps all your Data intact.

To perform this follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2.  Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .  
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

in premium devices need to connect to computer or plug in USB headphones at step 2, should not be necessary in A and M series.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May I assume you don't lime the way the new update has changed things on your phone @ZEAX7  ?

You can send feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

Also there maybe ways of switching things around using a theme, icon packs , Goodlock and it's various plug ins and launchers such as Nova Prime.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chacha_1135
Student
Options

For me, my autocorret keyboard no longer works. Its slightly shifted the keys as well so im relearning where to place my fingers. Its annoying the autocorrect doesnt work. I type ME and it insists on changing it to MART. 

The emoticons now have a different way to search for them which takes longer and i cant click into the recently used bar at the top. It just shows me what ive recently used. 

0 Likes
Chacha_1135
Student
Options

The keyboard feature is driving me craxy. See. Craxy.... why does it nlw..... not know to corr3xt...... it to crazy. 

I didnt corrext the words so ypu can see whats gping on. As well as that slide to type, like if i hold p and slide my fingwr around the board. It doesnt work at all. 

Shaunie9
Student
Options

I'd love to get rid of all my home page apps showing at the bottom of every screen now. Also please move my screen navigation buttons (back, home, menu) back to the bottom/middle of my screen. Right or left is just awkward. The issue is what's circled in purple. Screenshot_20220914_191514_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Nshay1011
Apprentice
Options

It is absolutely HORRIBLE. I wish i could remove it. Its slow, it changed the keyboard, it changed the easy accessibility of calling someone from the text screen,  did i mention its SLOW, everything lags. Instead of letting me use my emojies multiple times in a row, say if im laughing at something,  i can only use it once, then i have to retype LOL for it to come back up. It doesnt automatically fix things like the old version, for example when i us the letter i..... my old way converted it to capitol without me needing to go back and fix every single one. It plain SUCKS.

0 Likes
Nshay1011
Apprentice
Options

100% the text area is horrible now

0 Likes
thebestwill77
First Poster
Options

I agree, I have the s20+ and have had nothing but system update notifications since I turned it on. I had the ability with the s10+ to shut off system updates but not this phone. I cannot have my service interrupted as I run an emergency response company so this is a major inconvenience. Samsung, make it so I can shut this off completely. I don't need my phone updated unless I want it done. I will be switching from this model, its terrible.