Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Smart View Audio Issue

(Topic created on: 03-01-2019 04:24 AM)
Randle
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

So my Note8, previously worked fine when I did the Smart View to my Samsung TV. But now it’s having an Audio Issue. Anytime I connect my Phone to the TV, no audio plays. The video will play, but absolutely no audio. 

Ive updated my Phone Software, Apps have all been Updated, restarted Network Settings, restarted Phone.. pretty much everything I could think of. 

Is there anyone that can help me?

66 REPLIES 66
VBillions
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I think this problem happens when they do a software update that's why they are not responding 🙄

0 Likes
dragracinprincess
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same exact issue every day I have to reset all my settings on my phone in order for the volume to play and then the next day the same thing happens and I have to do the same ***** thing again this just started happened recently and I do not know what the heck the problem is

0 Likes
Thenightmaker
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi all. I am going to share what I discovered with regards to smartview issue with external speakers specifically a Soundbar.

I had these issues as well and I read and appreciate all the work arounds but I prefer to fix the problem. 

After exploring all the options here without much success, I found that my soundbar was on the Bluetooth source so I changed the source to D.In which is the wired connection to the TV I have and I got sound. In some cases, it could be HDMI or something else

𝗜𝗻 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘅 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲. 𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲, 𝘀𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗲𝗱. 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗯𝗮𝗿 𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘀.

0 Likes
Last Poster
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have to have my soundbar or tv turned up to 99 to hear anything at all and the sound is still very low. Checked the cables and the settings. Was working just fine last week.😐 bugs in the updates for sure

👎🏻booooooo!

0 Likes
JTHavock
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I don't if this of use to you anymore. Check if you need to update your phone. Worked for me

0 Likes
TheBlackBankai
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I'm having a similar issue myself however, I get audio but it's intermittent or I guess you could describe it as like a stutter. It only does this when I'm using smartview to stream video/TV content on my Samsung smart TV and it only does it after I've been watching for an extended period of time, typically over an hour or more.

It's pretty annoying and frustrating when you're in the middle of watching something, like streaming TV programs via a service like Sling, Hulu TV, etc.

Any suggestions for what might cause this??

I mean, it can be fixed temporarily by closing out the app, ending the smartview session, and then reinitializing but, that gets old if you have to continually do it while you're trying to watch something you're enjoying and don't want to interupt it.😤😫😓

0 Likes
Benjamin0624
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I got this issue with video player like MX player and issue fixed after I update the phone

0 Likes