Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Smart View Audio Issue

(Topic created on: 03/01/19 05:24)
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

So my Note8, previously worked fine when I did the Smart View to my Samsung TV. But now it’s having an Audio Issue. Anytime I connect my Phone to the TV, no audio plays. The video will play, but absolutely no audio. 

Ive updated my Phone Software, Apps have all been Updated, restarted Network Settings, restarted Phone.. pretty much everything I could think of. 

Is there anyone that can help me?

56 REPLIES 56
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

?

0 Likes
Options
Other Smartphones

I have a Samsung note 9 same issue.. Discord playing on TV but only coming through my phone. Dad calls and I answer and once we hangup the sound is coming through the TV. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I know this is an old post but I didn't see a resolution.  I had the same issue with my S20+ and resolved it just now. I noticed my system sound was grayed out in sound settings because I had "do not disturb" on. I 7se it to turn on automatically during sleep hours to avoid unwanted calls late and early. After rebooting my phone system sound was back on and when I connected smart view to my TV my media sound was all the way down and I was able to increase the media volume on the phone and the sound increased on the TV. I hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes
Options
Other Smartphones

As previously described i adjusted media sound down from %100

I then found that smartview subsequently played audio on my TV.

My conclusion is that this is a bug in samsung tablet software. My best guess is that changing the value causes the system to use the modified value in the smartview mechanism. It is quite possible that they have missed initializing the smartview mechanism with the value in a system where no change has been made. 

0 Likes
Options
Other Smartphones

All I did was shut off the TV, restart phone and try again. Volume returned!

0 Likes
Options
Other Smartphones

Shut off tv. Restart phone. Try smartview again.

0 Likes
Options
Other Smartphones

This worked for me! I've been trying to figure it out, (when I have time) for months now. Awesome!

0 Likes