Original topic:

smart switch not transferring photos

(Topic created on: 10-07-2017 01:48 PM)
gradu
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hey all:)

I've made the switch to a Samsung s8 from my previously owned iPhone 6. However, I'm struggling with one process.

I'm trying to smart switch all of my photos and videos across (via cable and wirelessly) but it just doesn't seem to be working. It moves across my messages, contacts at but only transfers 5mb of photos when I have 10gb worth.

I've been endlessly backing up everything to iCloud and it isn't working. I've tried quite a few times with no avail.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

When I moved from my iPhone 6 Plus to the Samsung s7 edge I opted to use Dropbox. 

And for some things email. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

gradu
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
I have so many photos and videos I was really hoping for a simpler fix:(
0 Likes
deveauwelle32
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Just move the photos from your iPhone 6 to your computer with iTunes, then copy the photos to your Samsung S8 phone directly. If the Samsung smart switch tool doesn't support iPhone 6, you can use a similar mobile transfer tool like MobiKin switch tool, it can support to transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung phone.

smalling123
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

To transfer photos from Samsung phone to iPhone, I think you can save the old phone data on the computer or the Cloud storage, and then sync the wanted photos on the new phone. For instance, download Google photo on your old phone, and upload the photos on your Google account, and then you can keep these photos all the time, but you need to remember the account and password. Open up Google photo on new phone, and sign in your Google account, the photos will sync automatically.

0 Likes
niathom
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
away can't I transfer a photos from I phone to samsunv s20 fe
0 Likes