Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch - Android

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 10:37 AM)
davidrichards27
First Poster
Options

Hi all

I am still running a Galaxy Note 4, but I am having some issues with it freezing and suddenly rebooting....I can get to the boot cache as it produces an error, so I am thinking that a factory reset would be the best option?

I have installed Smart Switch on my laptop and in the process of backing up the entire phone....my question is as follows:

When I use Smart Switch, does it back up 100% of everything and when I restore, will EVERYTHING be back as it was?

Hope someone can please advise as soon as possible?

Many thanks and stay safe

David

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I've used Samsung Smart Switch mainly for copying data from one phone to another. I've only ever used it once to back up to a laptop.

when I copy data to another phone everything moves over... SMS contacts photos videos...

your WhatsApp it is best to go into WhatsApp settings to make sure you're backing up chat history to the Google drive.

you should be okay with all your data. Smart Switch has been around for a while and it's one of the best transferring data apps out there.
0 Likes
davidrichards27
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I need to download and reinstall ALL the apps before restoring the data?

Sorry for the simple question, but I want to fully understand what needs to be done and processes before I hit the factory reset!

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
oh Samsung Smart Switch backs up your apps too. the history of what apps you have downloaded will be in your Google play account... but yeah smart switch works with the apps too.

it's okay, with all this tech nothing is simple. I forgot to mention that it definitely backs up apps. from my knowledge it is pretty much everything.
0 Likes
davidrichards27
First Poster
Options

So, would i be correct in assuming that all I need to do once I have backed everything up is to initiate the factory reset?

I have not installed smart switch on my phone will I need to do that too, or does it just automatically transfer from my laptop to the phone....this is real scarey as it is a big thing I need to do, I have been using the Note 4 for over 4 years and NEVER had to reset it before!

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
just to make sure... do you have access to another smart phone?

yeah download Samsung Smart Switch on your Note 4... I've used the Smart Switch app on way older models successfully. Smart Switch talks you through it as you use it. just that I've mainly used it for copying data from one phone to another and it copies everything...

in your case you're making a back up on the laptop or PC. I can't remember if you have to download a laptop or PC version of the application...

but once you've done the back up you can hard reset the phone... this will wipe out your phone completely but as you go through the set up... it will explain about restoring data at some point during the process.

I know it's a scary thing but to help you out... im sure there are plenty of YouTube videos out there to go through it step by step.
0 Likes