Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Smart lock on S8

(Topic created on: 23-04-2017 10:47 AM)
Quartz
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Bluetooth on trusted device not working.  I am unable to select a Bluetooth device.  The screen is blank and does not show any available Bluetooth devices.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Henke
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones
In stead of performing a factory reset, I started to remove settings, accounts and apps and see what happened. After I removed a specific email account (exchange), I noticed that the "Smart Lock" was no longer greyed-out, and it was no longer disabled. That means that this specific exchange-account, changes something in the S8-device. I cannot figure out what it changes, but the Smart Lock is finally working again. Case closed.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
ThomO
Pathfinder
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, @Quartz

Let's see what we can do. 

Can you just explain the issue you are having in a bit more detail? 

0 Likes
Henke
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

I do have the same problem: Smart Lock is showing me only a blank screen. So i did a factory reset and it worked again. But two days later I noticed that it was a blank screen again. In between I added the apps I needed, changed some settings and added a Samsung account. Is it really beause I did add the Samsung account? So I removed the samsung account, did a swap of the partition cache. Guess what? Nothing worked. The only thing I can do, is to perform a new factory reset and after adding each app or after changing settings, I need to check the smart lock to find out when it is showing me the blank screen again. Sigh. 

Actually this is a problem I expect Samsung to fix.

0 Likes
Henke
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones
I noticed something else on my S8-device: Trusted Agents: it says " Smart Lock (Google), disabled by administrator". How is this possible?
0 Likes
Solution
Henke
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones
In stead of performing a factory reset, I started to remove settings, accounts and apps and see what happened. After I removed a specific email account (exchange), I noticed that the "Smart Lock" was no longer greyed-out, and it was no longer disabled. That means that this specific exchange-account, changes something in the S8-device. I cannot figure out what it changes, but the Smart Lock is finally working again. Case closed.

View solution in context