Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SM-J600FN phone bricked by June 2021 Update

(Topic created on: 22-06-2021 12:41 PM)
str8chat
Journeyman
Options

Today my J6 phone downloaded and installed the latest update. All appeared normal with a Android man and progress bar as I have seen before. Then it appeared to restart with the SAMSUNG word displayed on an otherwise black screen as appears on a normal boot.

Next, the screen went blank and 30 minutes later nothing had happened. I tried to power up again, thinking it had shut down - nothing. Next, I tried a hard reboot (volume down and power button together for about 15 seconds). The phone vibrated as it does on a normal boot, but the screen stayed blank. I tried calling the phone, and it went straight to voice mail.

Next I tried to get into the boot menu (volume up and power). Nothing happened.

Has anyone else had a problem with this update. Does anyone have a fix other than replacing the phone or an expensive repair?

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
MoxNox
Explorer
Options
In this case, I think an RMA is the only solution left. Speak with Samsung as you might be eligible for a home phone repair.
0 Likes
vicmor
First Poster
Options
Nope before issue lies within Samsung update 2 devices bricked into loop then switched off won't charge or turn on
0 Likes
Solution
str8chat
Journeyman
Options

Thank you to all who replied.

Although the phone had never suffered any physical trauma, it has to have a new main board. The local service centre suggests it was a fault that has been there possibly from new, and the latest firmware update exposed the fault.

I had experienced transient problems with it in the past but clearing the cache partition seemed to fix those, so it could have been a marginal memory chip or something similar.

0 Likes