Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim lock

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 09:12 AM)
Noel99
Student
Options

I cant unlock the SIM on my Galaxy S8 despite having online chat support giving me the code to do this, twice! I am using a different network than my original o2 and have done as they have asked with instructions but i'm still locked out! Any ideas?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, have you tried the PUK code, I locked my sim few months back & used my PUK code to unlock it without any issues.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's your phone that needs to be unlocked. Ask O2 for the unlock code.
0 Likes
Noel99
Student
Options

Hi, I did get the unlock code from o2 on 2 occasions and both times it didn't work 😕

0 Likes
joshbrowne
First Poster
Options

Hello, did you manage to solve the problem? If you failed to unlock the SIM card 2 times using the code, it is most likely not the problem. I have some thoughts on this. Most likely, the phone is locked by another carrier, so you can't get the new SIM card to work. I'm almost sure that's the issue. This is a common practice of mobile operators. Many of my friends had this problem. I had exactly the same problem. I was able to unlock my phone using https://priorityunlock.com. I did it online in just a few minutes. I advise you to try this way to solve the problem.

0 Likes
kellyyoung33
First Poster
Options
Hello how do I get a puk code I tried once and twice but no luck I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8
0 Likes
Members_mukqbCl
First Poster
Options

Hello all, idk if its okay to write  my concen here or not, but i hope someone might help me, i got a galaxy  s8 plus off of Facebook  market place as soon as i moved  in the uk , and fitted  a giffgaff sim card and everything  worked okay untill i switched  operators to a lebara sim card and now my phone is  saying  network sim locked  enter pin or puk i cant remember,  but its not a sim block its a network  lock for other sim cards , coud yous help me , samsung  help center wast helpful  and sait to call o2 but after calling o2 thay were suggesting  a sim card with their company witch im not planing  on getting,  anyone  can help me ?

0 Likes