Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Sim card tray not Eject!-- Be careful with the poor quality!

(Topic created on: 03-01-2018 07:24 AM)
Stella2
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Bought a Samsung S8 one month ago but now the sim card tray can't come out! To solve the prob quickly, I went to samsung shop directly rather than go to the retailer. But was told that the release system is broken and is not under their warranty (i need to replace the whole frame and screen myself to get it out!)!I then called the customer service but useless.

This is really unacceptable! First, I used the tray by a standard way. I did feel the tray tight and hard to take out when I first used it, but I didnt think of too much as i never had any such prob with other phones. Second, despite the tightness, the tray got in the phone successfully when I changed the sim. But after 10 days when I tried to swap back the old sim, it's not working any more. That said, the prob happened as I normally used it (no damage, no drop off, no hard hit...just like how everyone treats their new phones).  So could someone pls tell me why it is my fault rather than the poor quality?

I am so disappointed with Samsung and think the tray mechasim is totally defective and the phone is of poor quality. How can Samsung attribute it to customer's fault just because I have to use it (by a normal standard) after purchasing? I bought a phone not a piece of paper which is so easy to break!

Another sign of poor quality is that: before my phone case arrived I left the phone in my pocket, together with some coins. But when i arrived in office, i found the silver edge was scratched by the frictions with coins... Never happened to other phone either!

Could someone pls tell me what I should do next? I now have to use an overseas sim card which cant be taken out! I can't accept Samsung's response and decide to escalate it if necessary. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Stella

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

If a phone is supplied by another retailer other than directly from Samsung then its the original retailer that applies the 24 month manufacturing warranty and not Samsung which is why you would need to approach them. 

Its advisable not to put a phone on your pocket with loose change or keys etc as this can and will mark up the phone. 

Thats not a sign of poor quality in my opinion but a decision by you to let the phone come into contact with hard coins that will have rubbed against the phone !

Even grains of sand can mark up the screen due to the hardness of it. 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
Stella2
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

If a phone is supplied by another retailer other than directly from Samsung then its the original retailer that applies the 24 month manufacturing warranty and not Samsung which is why you would need to approach them. 

Its advisable not to put a phone on your pocket with loose change or keys etc as this can and will mark up the phone. 

Thats not a sign of poor quality in my opinion but a decision by you to let the phone come into contact with hard coins that will have rubbed against the phone !

Even grains of sand can mark up the screen due to the hardness of it. 

Thanks for your reply but I can't agree with that. The screen is fine while the frame on the edge (the silver) part was scratched. Which do you think should be more fragile? Honestly this is the first phone I have seen with such gentle frame... 

0 Likes