Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings app on Galaxy S7

(Topic created on: 15-04-2020 07:42 PM)
SDQ13
Apprentice
Options

For weeks now I have been unable to access the settings app. I keep getting a message that the app keeps stopping. I've tried Samsung Members that tell me to reset via Settings! I have run out of ideas on what to do next as it is an app I can't uninstall and I can't do anything that involves using the settings menu.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
SDQ13
Apprentice
Options

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @SDQ13. Can you access the Settings in Safe Mode?

Hi @CarlH. No joy in safe mode.

0 Likes
SDQ13
Apprentice
Options
Any suggestions anyone?
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SDQ13 

Is the software on your phone up to date? Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time until the phone switches off and back on again.

0 Likes
SDQ13
Apprentice
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @SDQ13 

Is the software on your phone up to date? Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time until the phone switches off and back on again.

Hi @ChrisM,

Thanks for the suggestion but I can't check for any recent software updates because I can't get to the Settings menu! That's my problem...Settings doesn't work. Tried the soft reset but no change. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@SDQ13 , Let us know if the below works for you:

Spoiler

Try wiping the cache partition in Recovery Mode. (Make sure you do NOT select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ or that will wipe all user data from the device. You might want to do a data back-up beforehand just to be on the safe side.)

When the device is off: Press Power + Volume Up + Home at the same time until the Samsung logo comes up. The Android logo and Recovery screens should come up next.

Use the volume key to navigate down to ‘wipe cache partition’ and the Power key to select it.

Follow the steps then to reboot the system.

0 Likes