Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sent emails (Imap) are sent then auto deleted from host servers

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 03:13 PM)
robmar0se
Student
Options

The problem is that when I send an email via my Samsung email app, it is received by the recipient, however it is somehow also deleted from the Namesco servers.  Hence when I get back to my PC it isn't there (outlook), I also noted that when I go into the Namesco webmail, it isn't there, hence can't be synced to my other devices.

I have resetup the IMAP account both on my PC and smartphone, but the issue is not resolved.  Someone suggested that there maybe a setting in the Samsung email app to delete on sending, but I can't find such a setting.

Ideas?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Makke sure you haven't created any filters in Settings with the action to delete it
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is no delete on sending email option. Did you set up like this https://www.names.co.uk/support/articles/how-to-setup-an-imap-account-in-outlook-2016/
robmar0se
Student
Options

Thank you Steve, I reset up tyhe email account in plain vanila, just the address, password, imap/smtp server settings using SSL, and thats it, no other settings turned on/off.

So I'm somewhat flumoxed............

0 Likes
robmar0se
Student
Options

Hi and thank you Pugs.

The point is that Outlook is working fine (I didn't say this but the account is on both a PC & laptop), syncing as it should, eg send from laptop it syncs to the PC & smartphone; ditto when sending from PC - these sent items remain on the namesco servers (eg webmail).

Its however when we send from the smartphone, it disappears from the Namesco servers, and isn't synced to the PC/laptop.  I spoke to Namesco, their opinion was something is problematic at the smartphone end, quote from Namesco "a setting to delete from IMAP server after send"??

Someting like a delete on send, or don't sync?  I'm no expert!

0 Likes