Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Secure Shutdown Option

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 09:28 AM)
SkinB31
Apprentice
Options
Can someone help me find this option so I can enable it on my children's phones please. 

I have a S20 and when I want to either shutdown or restart the phone from a locked position I have to use my fingerprint or pattern. I cant find this option on either of my children's android phones however. They both have an A12 with the latest software version.

Have they removed this function. If so why? 
4 REPLIES 4
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I think differing software versions between the S20 and A12 may have caused this issue. I mean, as an alternative, you could look for a third party app to achieve this, modify the A12 (rooting) or perhaps use an automation service like IFTTT/macrodroid to require a fingerprint when shutting down on the A12 🙂.
SkinB31
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply. The funny thing is, I can't find the option anywhere on my S20 anymore but still have to use my fingerprint when trying to shutdown. Very confusing 😅
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If my comment helped, could you please click the three dots and select accept solution please? Thanks! 😊
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Lol, yeah I would say the best option is to use an automation service like IFTTT and hopefully that can sort out your S20, as well as the A12 mobile phones 😉.
0 Likes