Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes into large magnify mode

(Topic created on: 11-12-2020 04:54 PM)
grahamm7
Explorer
Options

I have a Samsung S8 smart phone Model SM-G950F running Android 9.  Sometimes it expands the screen information to a very large size so that not all of it is displayed.  It didn't use to do this.  Maybe a Samsung software update has caused this.  Any ideas what is going on?  How do I stop this happening?  I am planning to upgrade my phone sometime but I would like to get this phone so it doesn't do this.

3 REPLIES 3
ttwa666
Pioneer
Options
is it doing it on any screen you view or just text messages, I know if you're on texts you can pinch & zoom to change the font size and it stays like that until you change it again. also have you somehow altered anything on the accessibility options as you have the option on there for magnifying the screen and you can set a shortcut up for it. it's worth having a look on one of those reasons mate. it'll be something silly you've accidentally done if you've been nosing through your options etc, I know I've done it in the past and then I'm totally confused why something different is happening and don't realise straight away that I've changed one option or something. telling you now there's a solid chance that you've done one of those two things especially the pinch & zoom on your text messages. I've done that so many times on different phones. good luck anyway sorting it out mate
0 Likes
grahamm7
Explorer
Options

I can with  text messages expand the screen by using two fingers and expanding.  This is nothing like that.  Happens particularly on the calculator but on others as well.  Suddenly the format is so large it expands so that the screen cannot contain much of it.  Can't seem to reduce it except press the on/off select physical button and re-renter PIN.  I have looked at the the controls under Apps System etc.  In case there is setting - can't see anything.  This is not me asking for magnification it just does it.  Not sure why.  I am entering data in the calculator and all of a sudden it goes into to mega display mode.  Looks like a bug to me.

0 Likes
ttwa666
Pioneer
Options
soz for taking so long to get back. the way your saying it expands so much that the screen cuts some of it off, to me that sounds like it's something to do with that zoom option on the accessibilities option. only thing I can suggest is if it's mainly happening when you use the calculator me personally would clear the data and cache on that app itself. if I'm not mistaken you can actually disable the calculator app, I'd do that and use a few random apps and see if it still happens then it'd be a case of maybe reinstalling the calc app. it's obviously something that's bugging out and it's effecting other random apps. hope that helps mate
0 Likes