Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Burn on Samsung S8

(Topic created on: 25-11-2019 08:35 PM)
Fionacam1
Student
Options

My S8 has got screen burn. I took it into a Samsung Service centre yesterday who said they would fix it under warranty. Got home last night only to find that it's not fixed and is just the same as when I took it in. The phone is still under warrenty but I'm not sure what it actually covers. I have heard of other having the screen replaced, can I expect this too? They mentioned it would cost about £200 to replace but sure,y if it's under warrenty this should be done for free? The phone is in very good order otherwise. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Fionacam1: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy S8 screen. If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles, is the issue present in any of these tests. If it is, and the phone is less than 24 months old, then this should be repairable under warranty as it is a hardware issue. If the engineer deems the issue to be the result of physical/liquid damage, or it is outside the 24 month warranty period, then a charge will be applicable.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Fionacam1 

No idea what the Samsung person did but screen burn isn't repairable via methods within the phones diagnostic systems.

The display needs to be replaced @Fionacam1 

Please search this forum and via Google to learn more about this.

Many have had their phone displays replaced due to screen burn so please do either go through your mobile network operator of they supplied the phone as the seller is responsible to uphold the 24 month manufacturing warranty,  and or a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre.

As said the phone needs to not have been dropped , have any cracks or the water indicators have been tripped.

This link may help in regards to where you stand within UK Ofcom Ruling.

》 Consumer-rights-act 2015. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Fionacam1
Student
Options

Thanks very much. All they did in store was put it though calibration. I took it back again yesterday so they are looking at it agin. Fingers crossed it gets sorted.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @Fionacam1 

No idea what the Samsung person did but screen burn isn't repairable via methods within the phones diagnostic systems.

The display needs to be replaced @Fionacam1 

Please search this forum and via Google to learn more about this.

Many have had their phone displays replaced due to screen burn so please do either go through your mobile network operator of they supplied the phone as the seller is responsible to uphold the 24 month manufacturing warranty,  and or a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre.

As said the phone needs to not have been dropped , have any cracks or the water indicators have been tripped.

This link may help in regards to where you stand within UK Ofcom Ruling.

》 Consumer-rights-act 2015. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

0 Likes