Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung upgrade klarna declined

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 03:17 PM)
whitsy
Explorer
Options

Hey all,

Had an email advising my upgrade window is now open, fold 3 announced, hurray!

Well, not quite. 

Went to upgrade and klarna declined the credit application. 

I contacted them, and they advised it was not due to adverse credit, rather the credit check result was that they failed to identify me...

I use totally money, Experian etc, so I can see the hard search they did. It's identical to the one I can see from last year. They searched my name. DOB and address, all correct.

Klarna say they cannot change the outcome. It's an automated process that they cannot change. 

A Google search of, 'samsung klarna declined' brings up a lot of these complaints. Multiple users unable to upgrade because of this issue. 

The only reason I signed up to this agreement was knowing I could upgrade. And now through no fault of my own, I can't. I can't even pay up the klarna credit early and sell the device. It's a complete scam.

My advice, think twice before signing up to the upgrade program, klarna are terrible, yet the only option. I was a member of the apple upgrade program for years and never had a single issue!
24 REPLIES 24
mss1641
Student
Options
I've had same issue, klarna declined credit, I have perfect credit rating, and have upgraded for last three years, I've complained to Samsung, will wait and see, not hopeful after reading comments.
garcea
Pioneer
Options
i've complained to samsung today about the same thing and they can't do anything,it's klarna fault and good luck..that's kinda what they said
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
If Samsung are aware that Klarna are causing their customers problems, why on earth have they not got an alternative finance plan provider as an option?
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
It's rediculous, the only thing I can think is to wait until next next month after my next payment has come out and then try again when things have reset at their end, but the issue with that is that I'll miss out on the free accessory pack and 1 year insurance
0 Likes
Brite44
Journeyman
Options

I couldn't agree more. I have used Klarna for my last two or three mobiles via Samsung yet this time it is declined at the endo of the process. I assume there are potentially thousands of Samsung upgrades being rejected because of Klarna payment process and Samsung need to reconsider their preferred partner.  There is no other on offer! There is absolutely nothing wrong with my credit record and Klarna say they have technical issues.  Samsung customers are losing out big style here and Klarna are pushing me back to Samsung who are not on the ball with the emerging issue.  I should be abble to process my order over the telephone!

Brite44
Journeyman
Options

I tried this and unfortunately is didn't work for me.

0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options

From Klarna complaints:

"We would like to assure you that when a customer applies for a credit account/a fixed sum credit, Klarna performs one hard credit search as part of the eligibility check. The hard credit search is a valid reference for 90 days. If the application is not successful and the customer wishes to try again for the same purchase, the previous credit search will be used. Please note that we will also perform individual soft credit searches, which do not influence your credit score, neither positively nor negatively. These are required for our ID, KYC and AML checks, and are only visible to you and do not affect your ability to apply for any other credit. "

So even if you do bottom out the issues, they use the failed hard search for 3 months. We're screwed!

0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options

To anyone else who stumbles accross this:

Klarna are aware of an issue, from live chat:

"I am aware of a problem associated with the Samsung upgrade which was giving the same error message as I can see you have received, which is 'fraud verification'. Can I ask if the shipping address you were attempting to deliver to was the same as your billing address as we were told this was causing the issue?"

Get in touch with them and point this out - they do a hard search that lasts for 90 days (no multiples) so any re-trying will bear the same result.

0 Likes
Brite44
Journeyman
Options

I really think that Samsung need to ditch Klarna Bank. My experience with Klarna is generally poor and I suspect thousands of potential upgrades are going up the swanny because of the issues.  For example, why not use PayPal or better still get a sales team on the telephones and let us upgrade properly. My experience is that Samsung blame Klarna and likewise Klarna blame Samsung. 

0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options

Ok - so my order has now gone through. Klarna said that having discepencies between capitalisation in address can mean it fails. We're talking "London" vs "LONDON" what an absolute joke! But that's the only thing I changed and it's now worked...

0 Likes