Support

Open search

Samsung S8+ WiFi Problem

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have a Galaxy S8+ which, up until today, had been working perfectly.

For some reason, the phone will no longer stay connected to my WiFi connection. 

It'll connect for about 2 mins and then disconnect. 

I have other devices in the house which are connected just fine, including a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Voyager

Hi have you tried restarting your device just before you do that make it forget the Wi-Fi connection and make a fresh one after restarting.

BANDOFBROTHERS also said

I replied recently to a post that is similar to your wifi issue @Sergiu1

On my phone I forgot the network in my phones wifi settings and reset it back up. 

If this is happening with just your Home Broadband Wifi then try choosing another wireless channel on the Router. And if your router settings allow then split the frequencies to 2.4ghz and 5gzh and choose between them. 

If this is happening on any wifi you connect to then first try clearing the phones system cache. 

Clear System Cache.
Turn Off the S8
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the green Android logo displays let go of all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 to 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
- After the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

If no joy joy then back up and factory reset. 

If no help then then have a diagnostic run on the phone via a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location. 

Current Phone ~ S8 Model: SM-G950F. CsC:BTU.

DRUID DOODE
Highlighted
First Poster
Hi.

Who is your current ISP? Which router are you using and are you able to provide the software version of it?

Also, who is the current mobile network provider? Can you provide the AP, CP and CSC from the Version menu? Go to dial pad and enter *#1234# for those.

Hope I can try and help.
Highlighted

Hi,

I have this problem with the wifi, i sent it off to repairs twice but the problem still remains. I have reset the phone but as soon as it comes on the wifi page it keeps connecting and disconnecting. 

My brother has the same phone but the wifi is fine on his one. I dont understand if it was factory reset in the repair centre how can this problem still remain.

immediate help required thanks.

tried everything.

Top Liked Authors