Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 tips

(Topic created on: 30-05-2021 05:45 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Any tips for my S8, to keep it running fast and fresh like the latest phones? Include mods, hacks, tips, etc. I think Samsung have stopped updating this phone, so any pointers will be considered :winking-face:
3 REPLIES 3
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Tips to keep it running fast and new like the latest phones, but still being battery efficient. Include rom modifications and things similar to that nature, as well as any secret, unknown tips that you may feel improve the functionality on my S8 device! :winking-face:
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some generic troubleshooting tips are  …

• Regularly use Device Care to get rid of unused files.
  • Keep the phone's internal storage usage as low as possible. Don't fill it to capacity.
  • Keep app's updated using your Playstore and Galaxy Store.
  • Don't use Apk file's.
  • Delete unused app's.
  • Delete old note's,  calendar entries,  old texts , unused music etc.
  • If you use a Sd card make sure it isn't glitching which can affect the phone.
  • Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 
  • Factory reset only as a last resort.
  • If any updates do become available such as security updates then download them.

Hope the above helps.   :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Wow, thanks for the tips bro! :face-with-tears-of-joy: