Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Screen turning on and off and flickering green

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 03:16 PM)
Leonix
Journeyman
Options

I have had my S8 for over 2 years and last year a bright bar at the bottom appeared. I tried to fix the issue unsuccessfully and eventually it disappeared on its own although it would sometimes still appear.

Lately though my screen has been flickering green sometimes with green bars other times the whole screen will be green. The bar at the bottom is still there.

The phone has also started turning its screen off randomly lately sometimes taking multiple attempts to turn back on.

I have tried starting in safe mode and cleared cache.

Does anyone have any tips on what the cause of this may be (I am thinking likely hardware issue but hoping for not) and how to fix it?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Bassey
First Poster
Options

Hello leonix and everyone with the same screen issue,my phone had this same problem and i found a solution,so i decided to surf the net in search of people with this same issue and make the smile again in front of their device...

Find a way to reduce the screen brightness to zero,disable auto brightness,reduce screen resolution and off blue light filter. Just disable any screen function to take some pressure off the screen. This should help. Thank me later😎

Yours technically

Leonix
Journeyman
Options

hey bassey thanks for the advice but I already played with these settings after reading some comments online. Sadly it made no change for me. 😞

0 Likes