Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8+ problem with the color black

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 02:41 PM)
Smithpozo21
Journeyman
Options

Hi, the screen of my s8+ suddenly started to look washed out and dull , I dialed *#0*#  so I could do a color test, and then I found out that the color black wasn't actually black, it was like brown(instead of black it was brown), how can I solve this? 

I would appreciate your help.

8 REPLIES 8
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Smithpozo21!

That's odd, the display should be able to go black. Your S8+ should have an LED display, so the screen normally turns off pixels to go black.

Firstly, could you double-check that you've got Blue Light Filter turned off? I tested this on my S20 and the screen had a brown tint to it when I tried out the colour test.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you could try the Reset All Settings option in Settings>General Management>Reset.

If that still doesn't resolve your issue, you might want to look at getting your phone serviced. If you need a replacement display, maybe consider treating yourself to a new phone, as the displays for these phones are usually pretty expensive (you can get cheap displays, but they're usually cheap and rubbish).

Hope this helps, and keep being awesome!
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
Smithpozo21
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I tried both of your tips and it didn't work, however, I noticed that this problem happens when the room I am in is dark, when I move to a place with light the problem is solved,  any thought on that?

AndrewL
Options

@Smithpozo21: This may be an Adaptive Brightness issue, which is reducing the brightness of the screen in low light conditions. To check this, please go to Settings > Display > Adaptive Brightness, and turn this off to see if you notice an improvement. 

Smithpozo21
Journeyman
Options

The adaptive brightness was on, I turned it off but the problem isn't solved yet.

DaveyG80
Explorer
Options
Try resetting your settings to default. Not a full factory reset just a settings reset. Go to settings>General management>Reset settings
0 Likes
Smithpozo21
Journeyman
Options

I tried that, and didn't work.

AmyS1811
First Poster
Options

Hello, bit late to the party but did tou manage to sort the issue? I have a similar issue on my S21 Ultra, when my brightness is low my screen has a strange green/brown/grey hue across the whole screen, but is fixed when I turn my brightness up. Samsung were not a great help today. 

0 Likes
Apirat
First Poster
Options

I bought tab s8+ yesterday and found out that my old tab s1 has better picture quality when use Gallery app to look at dslr camera pictures ( higher resolution and deeper black)

0 Likes