Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 plus

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 03:28 PM)
RobertOtvos
Apprentice
Options
I don't get it why samsung S8 plus can not have at least android 10?  why apple can update for 5 years to the new ios and samsung just for 2 years, 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
EmilianN
Community Manager
Options

Hello, @RobertOtvos 

Since your message is in English language I moved your post to the UK community, hope you'll get the right answers. Thank you for being involved in Samsung Community!

Norbie-G
Student
Options

I'm in the UK as well.  I have the same question as above...  I understand one can flash the ROM to get the latest update to Android 10.  Where is the best forum that one can get the instructions to flash the ROM?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Norbie-G: I appreciate that you're keen to update to Android 10 on the Galaxy S8, however I would advise against downloading the update from an unauthorised third party site, as it may lead to performance and compatibility issues, as the update isn't intended for use on this model. 

0 Likes
Norbie-G
Student
Options

So, is there an update to Android 10 in the future from Samsung for the s8 plus? 

For the past 3 days, I'm already experiencing slow apps download/update.  My wifi is great, and up to speed.

I don't intend to buy another phone while this one is still in perfect condition.  Only the update to android 10 is letting it down.

Cheers!

0 Likes