Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S8 plus - fast charger not working

(Topic created on: 11-12-2017 05:58 PM)
Joshyshadow
First Poster
Options

When I put the charger in the notification at the top says "fast charging" then ten seconds after it goes back to cable charging. I've tried another charger and the same thing happens. I've looked on Google and it may the temperature of the phone. I had charging issues with my Samsung s6 so am a bit worried. Could anyone help?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does your charger brick and charging cable work with another Samsung Phone that has fast charging capabilities?

One other option is to take both to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location who can run a diagnostic on them. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Joshyshadow
First Poster
Options
Yeah mate it fast charges another phone. With mine it'll say fast charging for ten seconds then it'll revert back to cable charging.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This could then point to a phone issue. 

Can you get it looked at via a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Max1s
First Poster
Options

apperantly it happens after october's update I still dont get why Samsung couldnt relese another update that fixes the problem and all that left to do is wait till the android 8 update and wish it will help...

0 Likes
Thiyagu
First Poster
Options

Even I have the same issue. It reverts back to cable charging immediately. This is only after the recent update samsung rolled out. are there any alternates for fast charging my phone?

0 Likes